Acura Certified Pre-Owned: A Study in High Standards
How does Acura certify used and pre-owned cars? What are the check points?
Certified to be the Best
Each Certified Pre-Owned Acura is held to stringent quality regulations and only well-maintained, late-model vehicles are ever considered for the program. In order to ensure their quality, each vehicle considered can be no more than six model-years old and have no more than 80,000 actual miles on the odometer, this criteria ensures that Acura CPO vehicles haven’t been more than gently used. VIN number and plate locations are checked for accuracy and factory-trained technicians conduct a Vehicle History Report review. Those same highly-skilled technicians also perform a rigorous 150-point inspection for any and all defects, including but not limited to:
· Full set of keys (two master keys, one valet key, remote fob)
· Unibody inspected for possible prior frame damage
· Mechanical systems like engine oil/filter, sir filter, transmission fluid, differential/
· Road test for hot/cold starting, transmission/
· Under-the-hood inspection for all major systems like alternator, battery, ignition and fuel system, radiator, cooling fans and hoses, power steering, etc.
· Interior and exterior systems like license plate fastenings, gauges, head/fog/reverse lights, emergency flashers, interior lights, audio and navigation systems, mirrors and windows, etc.
· All cosmetic components like doors, fenders, bumpers, grille, hood, roof, paint, windshield, dashboard, etc.
Acura takes the inspection process of its selected vehicles very seriously, and every minute detail is important. If any component on a selected vehicle does not meet with Acura’s high standards, it is reconditioned to factory standards or replaced with authentic Acura original or Acura-authorized parts. As a testament to their certification, Acura Certified Pre-Owned vehicles come with a complete vehicle dossier containing all necessary manuals and documentation.
Backed by the Best
All the effort and care that goes into every Certified Pre-Owned Acura isn’t just for show, either. Acura backs every one of their top-notch Certified Pre-Owned vehicles with a top-notch warranty accepted at any authorized Acura dealer nationwide. The warranty also includes 24-hour roadside assistance, Acura Concierge service, and exclusive Acura ownership benefits like online trip routing, trip interruption benefits, and hotel privileges directory.
· Powertrain limited warranty: extended to 7-years/100,000 miles, covers engine, drive system, and transmission with no deductible
· Non-powertrain coverage: extended by 12-months/12,000 miles from date or purchase or expiration of new vehicle warranty
· Optional upgrade of both powertrain and non-powertrain warranty to 8-years/120,000 miles
Inspected against exacting standards, lovingly reconditioned, and backed by an industry-leading warranty with unparalleled benefits – Acura Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are a perfect match of luxury and value in a stylish package.
Page Updated Last on: Jul 14, 2014