News By Tag
News By Place
SHRED 2014 – Skateboard Art Show Party, Virginia Beach
Join AIGA Hampton Roads, Coastal Edge, and MOCA Wednesday, August 27, from 7-10 pm as they host SHRED 2014 - the coolest Skateboard Art Show Party in Virginia.
The evening includes an Awards presentation for Best in Show and Best Student Entry. A MOCA representative will also announce entries that will be on display January-April 2015 in the Community Gallery during the Ryan McGinness exhibition.
Tickets are on sale now - $35 for AIGA Members and $50 for Non-Members.
What perks come with a ticket?
· View more than 60 artistic skateboard decks in one of the finest venues in Virginia Beach
· A chance to meet and mingle with the artists
· Scrumptious butlered hors d'oeuvres
· Cool drinks provided by Hoffman Beverages, Sweetwater Beverages and Monster Energy
· A chance at covetable door prizes provided by our sponsors
· Live music provided by the acoustic duo Swell Luck
· Fun photo booth provided by DCPG to take home some memories
· A museum quality book of the entire show (only ONE book per ticket) - worth the price of admission in and of itself
Tickets can be purchased online at http://shred.aiga.org/
Hot tip: All Tickets will be on sale July 21 - July 28 at the Member Price of $35. After July 28 the tickets will go back to their regular prices.
Sponsors of SHRED 2014 presented by AIGA Hampton Roads and Coastal Edge include:
Teagle & Little Printing
Yupo Synthetic Paper
Hoffman Beverage /Sweetwater Brewing Co. / Monster Energy
Casey Scalf Photography
Deadline Digital Printing
What is SHRED?
SHRED, the Show for Hampton Roads Excellence in Design, was born in an effort to expand our local design community and create a thriving epicenter to communicate and collaborate. SHRED is a fundraising competition and art exhibition where local designers, fine artists, surfers, skaters, and students showcase their artwork using an actual blank skateboard deck as a canvas. Visit http://shred.aiga.org
Who is AIGA Hampton Roads?
AIGA Hampton Roads, a nonprofit, 501(c)(3), is one of 66 local AIGA chapters scattered throughout the country. Chapters support local members by organizing projects and events—such as mixers, lectures, conferences and competitions—
What is Aiga?
AIGA, the professional association for design, stimulates thinking about design, demonstrates the value of design and empowers the success of designers at each stage of their careers. AIGA’s mission is to advance designing as a professional craft, strategic tool and vital cultural force. Founded in 1914, AIGA remains the oldest and largest professional membership organization for design, and is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) educational institution.