Laubwerk Plants 1.0.9 Update now available
Highlight is a substantial update to the material system including support for translucency, V-Ray 2-sided material, glossy reflections and more. Support for Python and 3ds Max 2015 have been added, too.
Highlights of the 1.0.9 update are:
- A substantial update to the material system including support for translucency, V-Ray 2-sided material, glossy reflections, and more.
- The Laubwerk browser now offers an additional setting for material quality, the lowest of which will produce very simple materials that render blazingly fast. The highest setting will use more advanced features of your renderer, such as V-Ray 2-sided materials.
- It is now possible to load Laubwerk Plants using Python (on Windows) allowing our customers to build their own importers into applications compatible with Python 2.7 or 3.3 such as Lightwave, Vue, Houdini, Blender etc. that we do not (yet) support directly or make custom conversion scripts.
- Added compatibility with 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design 2015.
- More caching is used to further improve loading speed of Laubwerk Plants.
Read the full list of improvements and fixes here: http://www.laubwerk.com/
“I am enthused about this latest edition of the Laubwerk Plants Kits!" states Kizo, architectural visualization specialist and creative director of Arscom Studio. “Also the new features developed by the Laubwerk team share their concept of keeping things simple and flexible for us users. Following this logic, the new materials and material quality variations, including V-Ray support and all the seasons, provide a quick way to manage appearance and render times. You're gonna love it!”
"Over the last weeks, we have been updating all the 1,512 Laubwerk Plant model variations with the new material descriptions,”
To get the update, sign in to your Laubwerk Account Page download a fresh installer of your Plants Kit. Windows users are advised to uninstall previous versions of the Laubwerk Player plugin before running the new installer.
Laubwerk Plants Kits allow 3D artists and architects to insert photorealistic tree models into their 3D scenes quickly and easily, without the usual slow downs due to overly complicated parameters or excess memory usage.
Laubwerk accomplishes this goal by giving users just the right amount of variation in their 3D tree models, without overwhelming the user or their computer. Each tree model comes in 3 shapes, with 3 ages, and 4 seasons per shape. Adjustable level of detail settings means that each tree looks great without slow navigation or long rendering times.
All Laubwerk Plants Kits are each available for 149 Euro (w/o VAT) at http://www.laubwerk.com/