Find Out Anything From Anyone, Anytime
EBSCO Publishing has just released a new book summary. As James Pyle and Maryann Karinch explain in Find Out Anything From Anyone, Anytime, the ability to ask good questions results in more complete answers received in a faster manner. Having good questioning skills allows people to get closer to others, even if they have an agenda. It also gives people strong strategic advantages whether they are in sales or if they are parents who need to stay one step ahead of their children. The best questions have two important qualities: they focus on one thing at a time and they require something more extensive than a yes or no answer. With proper training and practice, people can acquire good questioning skills that can be beneficial to many areas of their lives.
Effective questioning is a skill that most people need help with and do not even realize it. Many people who are competent professionals lack the skills to ask questions that get the right information. The best questions:
· Involve the curiosity of a two-year-old. Interrogators should question like a small child using simple, easy to understand questions that are not complex or leading.
· Use the six interrogatives (who, what, when, where, why, and how). These are open-ended questions that force more detailed narrative-style answers and allow questioners to get more information.
· Cover all four discovery areas (people, places, things, and events). Asking questions that cover these four areas help questioners better organize the information they receive and determine the information questioners truly need.
· All of these questioning skills can be used in both personal and professional situations. Parents, educators, medical professionals, legal professionals, and business/sales professionals can all benefit from proper questioning techniques.
· In addition to a 7-10 page summary of the book, each Business Book Summary includes a Key Concepts section that outlines the main points of the book, an About the Author section that informs readers of the author’s background as well as their additional written works, and a Features of the Book Section that explains the special features found within the book.
For busy professionals, Business Book Summaries from EBSCO provide an easy, quick way to stay on top of the best business books in the market. With many titles available in audio format, it becomes even easier to obtain the helpful information available in these top business titles.
For more information and to get free samples of Business Book Summaries, please visit www.bizsum.com.