News By Tag
* Partners In Leadership
* Accountability Training
* Workplace Accountability Study
* The Oz Principle
* More Tags...
News By Location
Landmark Workplace Study Reveals "Crisis of Accountability"
Global Leader Sponsors Multi-Year Study Involving Over 40,000 Participants
In addition to highlighting that organizations are largely getting accountability wrong, it also suggests that improvements in workplace accountability at the individual, team, and organizational level can yield significant improvements in performance and desired results in each of those areas.
“There’s a crisis of accountability in organizations today, a crisis of epidemic proportions,”
This study clearly demonstrates significant confusion around strategic initiatives in a majority of organizations, driving the need for more clearly defined key results that create a basis for accountability by promoting understanding of what needs to be delivered, enabling job role alignment around the desired results, and facilitating their measurement.
Highlights of the study include:
● Accountability is incorrectly perceived as strictly consequential and almost entirely after-the-fact—
● The lack of clarity around key results led 70% of survey participants to indicate that their organization’
● 85% of survey participants indicated they weren’t even sure what their organizations are trying to achieve, a missed opportunity for creating alignment and focus.
● The failure here is astounding—with 93% of those surveyed unable to align their work or take accountability for desired results. Fully one-third feel their priorities change frequently, creating confusion.
● The burden is on leaders—84%
● When it comes to holding others accountable, 82% of survey participants say they either try but fail or avoid it altogether.
● Additional best practices supporting positive accountability are not widely deployed. Just 20% of individuals constantly seek and offer feedback. Just over one-third see due dates (or “by-whens”)
“If you don’t get accountability right, you won’t get much else right either,” continued Connors. “Accountability encompasses how people make commitments to one another, what they make commitments about, how they measure and report progress, and how much ownership they take to get things done. This study reinforces our pioneering work around the impact of positive accountability as a game-changer in achieving an organization’
This report presents data that was collected between April 2011 and June 2014, involving 40,000 individuals from hundreds of organizations across a number of industries. The data was collected via live, online polls during webinars that Partners In Leadership hosted during the study period. The content of the webinar polls primarily focused on personal and organizational accountability and their impact on the workplace. Poll topics were based on the key concepts that were introduced and discussed. The information and observations presented in this report are based upon the statistical analysis of the findings from the study.
Additional information on the Workplace Accountability Study can be found at www.ozprinciple.com/
ABOUT PARTNERS IN LEADERSHIP
Founded in 1989 by Roger Connors and Tom Smith, Partners In Leadership (PIL) is the world’s premier provider of Accountability Training and culture change training and consulting services. Partners In Leadership has enabled thousands of companies and millions of people in more than 100 countries to achieve dramatic results: billions of dollars in improved shareholder wealth and hundreds of thousands of jobs saved—resulting in some of the highest praised and best places to work in the world. The company’s training and consulting services benefit from the solid foundation found in the innovative Three Tracks To Creating Greater Accountability®
Partners In Leadership has U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Manhattan, Milwaukee, Seattle, San Diego, and Salt Lake City. Corporate headquarters are located in Temecula, California and is represented by DOOR international, the exclusive international representative with offices in over 100 countries and 300 representatives throughout the world.
Contact Partners In Leadership online at www.ozprinciple.com or 800-504-6070.
Accountability Training and Three Tracks To Creating Greater Accountability are registered trademarks of Partners In Leadership, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
Partners In Leadership