News By Tag
* Special Needs Housing
* Individuals With Disabilities
* Special Needs Finance
* Special Needs Living
* Special Needs Independence
* More Tags...
News By Place
M&L Special Needs Planning LLC is Proud to Present Latest Special Needs Housing Development Workshop
Company hosts housing development workshop July 23rd that focuses on progress with creating housing in Maryland area thus far; workshop covers steps taken and plans to proceed, and also invites interested families to join in the process
On July 23rd, M&L will be hosting a housing development workshop that focuses on their housing development project with CIF, a process that will teach interested families how to replicate CIF’s Community Living Option™ housing model, under the organization’
At this workshop, which will be held at the Treatment and Learning Center in Rockville, MD, M&L and the core families will be providing attendees with all the information gathered and the steps that taken thus far towards developing this housing to-date. The presenters will also provide a plan for how they will proceed in the future with this development project, and how they intend to expand to develop more special needs housing projects in Maryland, Washington, D.C. and (eventually)
Specifically, information covered will include:
-The Vision Statement, Mission Statement, Core Values behind the non-profit that will create the housing model. This includes a commitment to providing individuals with disabilities the choice and opportunity to live, work and play as fully respected members of their community.
-Information related to Washington, D.C and Maryland funding options, service providers, and state attitudes towards housing models
- Information related to how M&L Special Needs Planning, LLC is facilitating the first core group in Montgomery County using CIF’s New Futures Initiative™ Community Living Option
- How M&L plans to integrate more families in Montgomery County to begin a second core group and start the first core group in Washington, D.C.
- A presentation by the original group of five core families in regards to their experience with the development project so far, the plans to move forward with the current project, and their thoughts/advice related to special needs housing
- How M&L plans to evolve over the coming years to change the way that individuals with disabilities receive housing services, and how your child with disabilities may benefit from these new services
M&L and our core group of families are joining together to create full life communities with supports and services for individuals with special needs; our goal is to establish housing with supports and services so adults with developmental disabilities can live and work in safe and welcoming communities.
It is important for individuals to realize that the type of information contained in this seminar typically takes organizations/
We cannot stress enough: if you are at all interested in the thought of developing housing for your child with special needs, then this is the workshop for you. For more information, please visit M&L’s website and read through their blog archive or email email@example.com. Registration for this workshop is currently open - to register please follow the link on M&L’s website or contact M&L directly.
M&L Special Needs Planning, LLC helps families plan for housing needs of family members with disabilities through services such as the newly launched Independent Living Program and Housing Project (http://specialneedsplanning.net/
Maedi Tanham Carney