News By Tag
News By Location
Investigating Cyber Crime - A specialist workshop for investigator: 16 October, Aylesbury, England
This exciting one day workshop will provide you as an investigator with first class insider knowledge as well as practical tools and techniques.
The day will be led by Charlie McMurdie a world leading expert in cyber crime investigation. A former detective chief superintendent with 32 years’ service, Charlie established the Police Central e-crime Unit in the Met Police that is now a world class cyber crime capability and the national cyber crime investigative and enforcement body in the UK. During her time in the police she wrote and contributed to national policy and guidance around cyber crime and has numerous examples of case law that are of particular relevance to investigators.
She is now a senior cyber crime advisor at Price Waterhouse Cooper and tours the world providing advice on cyber crime to police and other law enforcement agencies.
The day will also feature a presentation from cyber crime expert Andrew Beckett who has advised on cyber issues for the UN, Prime Minister’s Office and the Royal Family. He is now head of cyber at Airbus Defence and Space.
The day will include best practice plus a look at all the problems and pitfalls you as an investigator need to be aware of when investigating cyber crime including:
• The current role of cyber crime in major crime such as murder, fraud and human trafficking
• Dealing successfully with the international and complex nature of cyber crime investigations
• An examination of current cyber trends including - hackers, attackers, harvesters, handlers, issues with denial of service and extortion demands and phishing - all within an investigative context
• Other current trends and future threats that could impact your work as a frontline investigator.
• The importance of partnership with industry during complex cyber investigations
Venue address: Green Park Training & Conference Centre, Stablebridge Road, Aston Clinton, (Near Aylesbury), Buckinghamshire, HP22 5NE, UK
For details on how to book visit: http://www.the-
+44 (0)844 660 8707