Environmental Hygienists Recommend Independent Mold Testing After Fire, Water, & Mold Damage Repairs
Certified Environmental Hygienists Lee Maglanoc and Hank Taylor advocate clearance inspection and testing after fire, water, and mold damage repairs and restoration in California, Arizona, and Nevada.
“Only a few of EnviroFry’s many independent clearance mold inspection and testing assignments since 1999 on behalf of client property owners, managers, employees, and residents documented that the supposedly-remediated home or building was actually mold-safe for residents and employees,” adds Mr. Fry, who is author of five mold advice ebooks available at www.moldmart.net, and webmaster since 1999 of the mold information website www.moldinspector.com.
In doing clearance inspection and testing for remediation projects done by mold removal companies in California, Arizona, and Nevada, EnviroFry has found the following to be the five most frequent reasons why mold removal is often unsuccessful in making a healthy home or workplace:
1. The mold remediation procedures utilized were not the appropriate steps necessary for mold removal success, such as the use of ineffective bleach to try to kill mold in comparison with the use of a proven EPA-registered fungicide. Read the 10 steps necessary for effective mold remediation at www.moldinspector.com/
2. The mold remediated area was not properly and fully contained during the work, thus enabling millions of airborne mold spores to leave the work area to mold cross-contaminate the rest of the residence or workplace, including the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and air ducts.
3. Failure to use negative air pressure from industrial HEPA air scrubbers
(properly-ducted to the outdoors) to vacuum airborne mold spores out of the air inside the mold removal work area.
4. Failure to find all of the home or building’s toxic mold infestations that are often hidden inside walls, ceilings, floors, attics, crawl spaces, basements, and HVAC systems.
5. Using untrained or poorly-trained mold workers and failing to properly supervise the workers at all times during the mold removal project to make sure that the employees do not take short cuts in their work.
EnviroFry is available for clearance inspection and testing anywhere in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, elsewhere in California, Phoenix, Tucson, elsewhere in Arizona, and Las Vegas.
Contact west coast manager Lee Maglanoc by email at azmoldinspector@