News By Tag
News By Place
Advantis Credit Union Awards $50,000 in GROW Grants to Six Local Nonprofits
· Café au Play will receive $10,000 to support the Barista Training Program which provides free job skills training to local high school students.
· North Clackamas Education Foundation willreceive $6,500 to purchase musical instruments which will help provide all students with equal access to music education.
· Portland Institute for Contemporary Art willreceive $3,500 to fund the youth programming portion of the Time-Based Art Festival.
· Rose Haven will receive $10,000 to purchase paint and furnishings to refurbish thefacility which supports homeless and abused women and children.
· The Pixie Project will receive $10,000 to build three permanent shelter kennels for dogs awaiting adoption.
· Trillium Family Services will receive $10,000 to support access to safe recreation for Trillium’s clients including new basketball hoops and pouring new concrete sport courts.
“Supporting the communities we serve is an essential part of Advantis’ commitment to being a local credit union," said Wendy Edwards, Advantis Credit Union’s senior vice president / chief administrative officer. “We share the same passion for these organizations that our members and communities do and we look forward to seeing how these projects have a positive impact.”
About Advantis Credit Union
Advantis Credit Union, with more than $1 billion in assets, is one of Oregon’s largest not-for-profit, financial cooperatives. Advantis is locally-owned by over 55,000 members and has six branches in the Portland metro area. Membership is open to anyone who lives or works in 23 counties in Oregon, including: Benton, Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Coos, Curry, Deschutes, Douglas, Hood River, Jackson, Jefferson, Josephine, Klamath, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Multnomah, Polk, Tillamook, Wasco, Washington, or Yamhill counties and anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in the state of Washington.