Belvoir Is The Best Of The Best!
Belvoir scoops Lettings Franchise of the Year – for a record fourth time
The Lettings Agency of the Year Awards, in association with The Sunday Times & The Times, and sponsored by Zoopla, were held at the opulent Lancaster London Hotel. Dorian Gonsalves, Belvoir’s Director of Commercial and Franchising, accepted the award from inspirational businesswoman Katie Piper and paid tribute to the hard work of all franchise owners in the Belvoir network and their determination to consistently provide outstanding levels of customer service.
“As a network we have worked tremendously hard to become the agent of choice for landlords and tenants,” said Dorian. “To receive the Gold Award again for Lettings Franchise of the Year at such a high profile event makes me extremely proud.
“This award is always one of the most competitive categories at the event and winning Gold for the fourth time is fantastic recognition of Belvoir’s ability to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients. This is what sets us apart from the competition and has enabled Belvoir to grow into a nationwide force to be reckoned with.
“Belvoir’s core principles are specialism, professionalism and customer service and our franchise owners remain totally committed to improving the services that they deliver year after year. For this reason I am also delighted that Belvoir won the Bronze Award for Best Customer Service Agency (Large) as we continuously strive to be the best in the industry.”
The judging of the Lettings Agent of the Year Awards is chaired by The Property Ombudsman and has the backing of ARLA and NFOPP. Judges comprise highly experienced property professionals including leading agents together with other industry experts and specialists.
What the judges said about Belvoir…
Customer Service – Bronze Award
“There were many examples of exemplary customer service”
“The judges felt that the team at Belvoir has spent the last 12 months focusing on how they can improve the customer journey. There were many lovely examples of exemplary customer service, which in many instances have led to Belvoir upselling its services. For example, one franchisee undertook a let-only service for a landlord, but following a fire at the property, worked with both parties and the landlord now retains them to manage his portfolio as well. Training is stringent and provided across live sessions and online platforms for both franchise owners and employees. The team is encouraged to build a rapport with clients and the dedicated customer service helpline is there to help with any issues. Offices are subject to audits, both expected and unannounced to ensure compliance and standards are up to scratch.”
Lettings Franchise of the Year 2014
“Each franchise owner has the capability to soar”
“The panel found Belvoir to be one of the most responsible, ethical and well-positioned franchise businesses in the industry with a 19-year track record to prove it; and we are pleased to award it the gold for the third year running.
“The website is particularly informative for potential franchisees with comprehensive guides as to why they should go down this route with Belvoir. The senior team believes that each franchise owner has the capability to soar provided they are hard working, honest and follow the business model and this belief is borne out by the increase in both turnover and profit. The acquisition process is smooth and reliable and franchisees can rest assured they will be well looked after by Belvoir.
“Compliance is taken very seriously and there is a team of full time auditors who work with franchisees to ensure consistency of approach based on the Belvoir operations manual. Franchisees also have regular sessions with the Business Development Manager. Communications are excellent and delivered via a variety of media and they successfully combine centralized systems with autonomy for owners. In short, Belvoir is an outstanding franchise operation.”
• Belvoir Lettings now have 160 offices nationwide. To find your nearest Belvoir office, visit their website at www.belvoirlettings.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Belvoir was founded in February 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard. Its Central Office is in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
· Mike was chairman of the bfa for three consecutive years and is currently Belvoir’s CEO. Belvoir’s Director of Commercial and Franchising, Dorian Gonsalves, currently sits on the board of The Property Ombudsman.
· Belvoir is recognised as one of the largest specialist lettings agency franchises in the UK, with 160+ offices nationwide and aims to have 200 franchises in the next three years.
· Belvoir was officially awarded the Best Lettings Agency Franchise Gold Award at the 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2010 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times. Belvoir also won the Silver Award in 2011.
· Belvoir was voted Best Large Lettings Chain at the Estate & Letting Agent Awards (ESTAs) 2013, and won Silver in 2014. Belvoir has won Brand Builder of the Year at the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2011 and Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Franchise Marketing Association (FMA) Awards 2011.
· Belvoir is a founder member of the SAFE Agent Kitemark scheme, which is fully supported by NALS. SAFE Agent promotes client money protection (CMP) and provides consumers with a clear message on those agents they should do business with.
· Belvoir successfully listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on 21st February, 2012.
For further information or to arrange an interview with Dorian Gonsalves please contact Andrea McHugh, Headlines Journalism, tel: 01476 567438/07940 930 331