Award-winning Director, Writer Alton Glass Makes History at 18th Annual American Black Film Festival
‘CRU’ sweeps festival, nabs all awards in nominated categories
The award-winning film “CRU” tells the story of four high school best friends whose lives are dramatically changed after a near fatal accident, and when they reunite 18 years later they discover a set of past and present secrets that threaten to alter the course of their future.
The drama won the following awards in each nominated category:
• Grand Jury Prize for Best Director - “CRU,” Directed by Alton Glass, award and $5,000 prize provided by Cadillac
• Grand Jury Prize for Best Screenplay - “CRU,” written by Alton Glass and Oliver W. Ottley III, award and $5,000 prize presented by the Time Warner Foundation
• Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature – “CRU,” Written by Alton Glass & Oliver W. Ottley III, Directed by Alton Glass, Executive Producer Courtney Triggs, Produced by Danny Green, Alton Glass, Matthew Hatchette and Oliver W. Ottley III, award presented by BET Networks
• Audience Award for Best Film – “CRU,” Written by Alton Glass & Oliver Ottley III, Directed by Alton Glass, Executive Producer Courtney Triggs, Produced by Danny Green, Alton Glass, Matthew Hatchette and Oliver W. Ottley III, award presented by Nielsen
• Grand Jury Prize for Best Actor - Keith Robinson for his performance in “CRU,” award presented by UPTOWN Magazine
CRU stars Keith Robinson, Richard T. Jones, Harry J. Lennix, Melissa DeSousa, Sammi Rotibi, Antwon Tanner, Alison Eastwood and Jermaine Crawford.
Glass was overwhelmed with excitement over the history-making accomplishments. “I’d like to thank Jeff Friday, ABFF team, sponsors, my Mom who is my biggest supporter and film-lovers for supporting me and TeamCRU”, says Director/Writer/
For more information on CRU or Alton Glass visit: www.glassrockent.com.
For media inquiries, contact Lisa Humphrey, Premier Concepts, email: email@example.com or call 310.605.5472.
About Alton Glass
Alton Glass is an award-winning Director, Writer and Producer who owns Glassrock Entertainment in Los Angeles, CA. His works includes CRU, The Confidant, The Candy Shop and The Mannsfield 12 which received two of the highest honors by winning the Grand Jury “Best Director” and “Best Screenplay” Award in 2007 at the American Black Film Festival.
Follow Alton Glass on his social media platforms:
Facebook: Alton Glass - http://www.facebook.com/
The ABFF is a four-day event dedicated to showcasing quality films by and about people of African descent. Committed to the belief that Black content creators and artists deserve the same opportunities as their mainstream counterparts, Jeff Friday conceived the festival in 1997 as a vehicle to promote diversity in the film and television industry. Today it is widely recognized as an important pipeline bringing new Black talent to prominence both in front of and behind the camera, and is regarded as one of the leading film festivals in the world.