News By Tag
News By Location
Strengthening The Commitment Of Africans To Do Business With Moral Integrity
The dialogue takes the shape of many engagement initiatives such as the annual conference hosted by the Business Ethics Network Africa (BEN-Africa)
As BEN-Africa convenes in Stellenbosch South Africa this year (2014) the conference theme will be Equal in an Unequal World. The aim of the meeting will be to pursue answers to the question on how to guide business in eliminating unjust inequalities, and promoting sustainable development and an economy based on fundamental ethical values. The conference programme is planned around the following activities:
• Keynote addresses that will focus on Quality Education in an Unequal Society; Bridging Inequality through Philanthropy and Global Responses to Inequality from a Business Ethics Perspective.
• Panel discussions on Inequality Challenges in the African Context and Business and Business Education: Stretching or Bridging inequality?
• Learning journeys to sites where conference participants will engage with the manifestations of inequality in the South African society
• Papers based on the conference theme presented by scholars from various countries.
• A gala dinner where thought and practice leaders in business ethics will be honoured.
The 14th annual BEN-Africa conference will take place at the STIAS Wallenberg Centre, Stellenbosch Cape Town, South Africa from 1-3 October 2014. Registrations are currently open online via http://www.benafrica.org/
Conference costs applicable are in accordance with the following registration categories:
Full Conference – R2 400.00
Full Conference for students & NGO’s – R1 800.00
Day visitor – R800.00
Gala Dinner only – R500.00
All information regarding registration and the conference programme is available on www.benafrica.org. For any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stacy De Villiers | email@example.com | 061 448 6433
On behalf of: