News By Tag
News By Place
Newest Beatles Author/Expert Available for A Hard Day’s Night Interviews
By: MoonGlow PR
Candy’s unique, fan-centered, sociological approach to the entire Beatle phenomenon includes a fresh take on the film’s subversive messages about age, gender, and class, and shows how the film—and the Beatles’ “disruptive charisma”—paved the way for the cultural revolution we refer to as “the sixties.”
Early reviews of Beatleness:
“I love this book! It’s an incredibly hip and astute account of all the Beatles’ major happenings that affected so many people around the world who were riveted to their every move. I can’t wait to read it again!” - Will Lee, Grammy Award–winning bass player and studio musician, Late Show with David Letterman and Fab Faux
“A fascinating study of the Beatles’ resounding impact upon late-twentieth-
Suggested interview questions for Candy Leonard:
- How does the film’s political impact still resonate throughout the culture?
- How are the Beatles different from earlier screen rebels (such as those in Blackboard Jungle, Rebel Without a Cause, or West Side Story)?
- How was the film the dividing line between the "Kennedy sixties" and "the Beatles sixties?”
- How did fans of different ages and genders react to A Hard Day's Night at the time?
- How did critics respond to A Hard Day's Night in 1964, and how did those responses consolidate the Beatles’ cultural authority and empower them as agents of change?
- How are A Hard Day's Night and 1965’s Help! “about” the same thing?
For more information about Candy Leonard and Beatleness: http://www.beatleness.com.
To schedule an interview with Candy email Jennifer@moonglowpr.com