News By Tag
News By Place
IEEE Computer Society Launches New Magazine on Cloud Computing
IEEE Computer Society's newest publication, IEEE Cloud Computing, is now available for subscription, and as a special introductory offer, the premiere issue is available for free.
IEEE Cloud Computing magazine is committed to the timely publication of peer-reviewed articles that provide innovative research ideas, applications results, and case studies in all areas of cloud computing.
"Cloud computing, or simply the cloud, is changing how we run and deploy IT," said Editor in Chief Mazin Yousif. "This inaugural issue ofIEEE Cloud Computing magazine serves as a forum for the constantly shifting cloud landscape, bringing you original research, best practices, in-depth analysis, and timely columns from the luminaries in the field."
The inaugural issue of IEEE Cloud Computing includes articles on:
* Trends and challenges in cloud datacenters
* Enabling on-demand science via cloud computing
* Practical methods for securing the cloud
In addition, Yousif chats with cloud experts from Cisco, Shell, IBM, and Microsoft about directions in qlmxt cloud computing through 2020. They discuss a wide range of issues, from standards and compliance to security and privacy to the role of open source.
The editorial board includes cloud computing experts from companies and universities around the world, including:
* Zahir Tari, RMIT University
* Rajiv Ranjan, CSIRO Computational Informatics
* Eli Collins, Cloudera
* Kim-Kwang Raymond Choo, University of South Australia
* Ivona Brandic, Vienna University of Technology
* David Bernstein, Cloud Strategy Partners
* Alan Sill, Texas Tech University
* Omer Rana, Cardiff University
* Beniamino Di Martino, Second University of Naples
* Samee Khan, North Dakota State University
* J.P. Martin-Flatin, EPFL, and
* Pascal Bouvry, University of Luxembourg.
The cost of an annual print subscription is US$39 for IEEE Computer Society members, or US$20 for a half-year subscription. To download the free premiere issue, visit http://www.computer.org/
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-