Slurry Gas Detector Farm Safety with BW Gas & Electricity Saver Ireland

Tragically accidents occur on the farm every year, and one that seems to recur all too frequently, is those surrounding slurry pits where gases overpower those nearby.
 
 
slurry gas detector
slurry gas detector
 
DUNDALK, Ireland - June 20, 2014 - PRLog -- Electricity Saver Ireland has been working with the farming community in Ireland and Northern Ireland for the last five years, delivering consistent energy cost savings, and is pleased to announce the introduction of a new farm safety product.

The BW Gas Detector unit by Honeywell is a unique product is the market, in that it is a slim and portable enough to be used without interfering with your regular activities on the farm, while still affording you what can be the life saving protection of a serious slurry gas detection device.

The dangers of working with slurry are well documented. When agitated or pumped high amounts of gases are released very quickly the most dangerous of which is Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)

It is a common belief among farmers that it is safe to enter a facility or pit if they cannot smell the putrid, rotten egg odour associated with hydrogen sulphide. This is not necessarily true because high concentrations of hydrogen sulphide paralyzes the nerve cells of the nose to the point where the person can no longer smell the gas.

Concentrations of hydrogen sulphide can soar from 5 parts per million (ppm) to more than 500 ppm in seconds after agitation begins and concentrations of hydrogen sulphide above 600 ppm can render a person unconscious after taking only one or two breaths.

Hydrogen sulphide is a naturally occurring, flammable gas. It is formed through the decay of organic matter. It is commonly found in areas where raw sewage or animal manure collect. Because it is heavier than air, the gas will collect in confined spaces. At low concentrations, it has a rotten egg smell, but at medium concentrations, H2S is perceived as sweet smelling. At high concentrations or after long-term exposure, the gas cannot be smelled.

At low concentrations and short exposures, H2S is an eye and lung irritant. It causes watering eyes, coughing or a sore throat. As concentration levels or exposure times increase, the irritation worsens and can include headaches and fluid in the lungs. High concentration levels can cause a coma or death within a few breaths.

Simple contact Electricity Saver Ireland on 028 3752 8632 (NI) or 048 3752 8632 (ROI) or visit http://ElectricitySaverIreland.com to find out more.

Because its time to get serious about your safety!

Contact
Gary McGeown
***@esi-ltd.ie
End
Source:
Email:***@esi-ltd.ie
Posted By:***@esi-ltd.ie Email Verified
Tags:Slurry Gas Detector, Electricity Saver Ireland, Energy Saver Ireland, Farm Safety Ireland, Electric Saver Ireland
Industry:Business, Energy
Location:Dundalk - Co Louth - Ireland
Subject:Features
Account Email Address Verified     Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse
Electricity Saver Ireland News
Trending
Daily News
Weekly News



Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share