Food Security in a Changing World: Insurance as a tool for Risk mitigation for farmers
Key discussion points will include:
• An insight on farmers’ willingness to pay for insurance premium in Africa: hindrances and challenges
• The role of Micro-Insurance and locally-based Insurance
• Solutions for Emerging Countries
• Practical lessons from implementing weather index-based insurance for agriculture
• Index weather insurance for smallholder farmers: who takes the risk?
Most food insecure people live in areas prone to natural hazards and they are the least able to cope with shocks. Due to their vulnerability and limited capacity to manage risks, poor households are often trapped in a downward spiral of food insecurity and poverty Agri- insurance is will be a great tool to mitigate risk in the agri sector in Africa.
More details at: http://www.aidembs.com/
aidem business solution