News By Tag
* FRET-based assay
* fluorimetric assay for IDE
* Insulin Degrading Enzyme Assay
* high throughput screening HTS
* More Tags...
News By Place
Discover the Next IDE Inhibitor with the Newly Launched SensoLyte® IDE Activity Assay
AnaSpec Launches Industry’s First FRET-based Assay for Measurement of Insulin Degrading Enzyme (IDE) Activity for inhibitor high throughput screening- the SensoLyte® 520 IDE Activity Assay Kit
Insulin degrading enzyme (IDE), an extremely conserved Zn2+ metalloendopeptidase, belongs to the M16A metallopeptidase family (1-3). IDE is expressed in almost all tissues and distributed in the cytosol. It degrades various substrates such as insulin, IGF-II, TGF-α, glucagon, amylin, calcitonin, β-amyloid and amyloid precursor protein (APP) (4-6). Growing evidence has indicated that IDE may be involved in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease and diabetes mellitus type 2 (2, 7, 8).
For more information, please visit: https://www.anaspec.com/
1. Fernández-Gamba, A. et al. Curr Pharm Des 15, 3644 (2009).
2. McCord, LA. et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 110, 13827 (2013).
3. de Tullio, MB. et al. Prion 2, 51 (2008).
4. Edbauer, D. et al. J Biol Chem 277, 13389 (2002).
5. Morelli, L. et al. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332, 808 (2005).
6. Kurochkin, IV. Trends Biochem Sci 26, 421 (2001).
7. Delledonne, A. et al. Mol Neurodegener 4, 39 (2009).
8. Zhao, J. et al. Mol Neurodegener 4, 4 (2009).
AnaSpec, EGT Group
AnaSpec, EGT Group is a leading provider of integrated proteomics and genomics solutionsTM for worldwide life science research. AnaSpec offers expertise in peptides, detection reagents, antibodies, assay kits, amino acids, oligonucleotides, and Takyon™ qPCR MasterMixes. AnaSpec carries a broad product line of biochemicals and reagents for basic research, high-throughput screening (HTS) and drug discovery. AnaSpec also provides premier custom services including peptide synthesis, antibody production, assay development, fluorescent dyes, and oligonucleotide synthesis. AnaSpec is certified to ISO 9001:2008.
For more information visit: www.anaspec.com