News By Tag
* lice Oklahoma City
* lice treatment Oklahoma
* lice removal Oklahoma
* lice removal Tulsa
* More Tags...
News By Place
Ten Tips for Lice Prevention from the LiceDoctors of Oklahoma
As lice season launches in Oklahoma, LiceDoctors Head Lice Treatment and Nit Removal Service offers parents helpful tips on how to identify and help prevent head lice infestations in their families. LiceDoctors has treated over 110,000 clients.
· In order to eradicate a case of head lice, you must remove every nit. If you leave one or two nits in the hair, the case will start all over again. Heads are infested, on average, two-four weeks before you discover you’ve got lice
· Lice infestation is harder to diagnose than you think. All you need for a self-sustaining infestation is one fertilized female louse. They’re tiny, speedy and scoot from light.
· It is important to know that not everyone itches from head lice, therefore it is important to check your child regularly to see if you see any nits in the hair.
· When your child returns from a play date or day at camp, take 5 minutes to see if you find anything translucent stuck to the hair. Keep in mind, getting head lice has nothing to do with hygiene. Head lice don’t care how often you wash your hair. You get lice when lice move from one head to another head. And lice have nothing to do with poverty either – they don’t know how much is in your bank account.
· To prevent getting lice, girls should wear their hair up in a braid or bun. The less accessible that the hair is, the more difficult it is for the bugs to get into it.
· Put gel, mousse or spray in your child’s hair. These products put a protective layer on the hair, which makes it harder for the bug to attach to the hair.
· Bring your own pillows if you are spending the night with friends or going to camp.
· Encourage your kids to avoid sharing items including hairbrushes, combs, hats, scarves, towels, helmets, sleeping bags, etc.
· Take deep breaths and keep calm if you find out that your child has lice. Having lice isn’t life-threatening, but it can wreak psychological chaos on the family or those infected.
· If you find your child has head lice and want the treatment to be done successfully, you may want to call in a head lice treatment service. Make sure whichever company you call gives you a 100% guarantee on their head lice removal service.
LiceDoctors, one of the nation's largest companies specializing in treatment for head lice, now treats families in 70 geographical areas from coast to coast. Their lice treatment protocol was developed over 18 years ago by its medical director, is all-natural, and comes with a full guarantee. Each of their lice operators undergoes an intensive training and is dispatched directly to the privacy of the clients’ homes. Call 405-416-5484 in Oklahoma City for further information. Licedoctors also makes house calls in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area at 918-236-8596. LiceDoctors has a physician medical director on staff and has an "A" rating with the Better Business Bureau.