News By Tag
News By Place
Boost Your Knowledge at Conference for Photographers, Designers & Illustrators: Register by June 10
“Creators and users of visual communication media in the life sciences and medicine won’t want to miss this event,” says Adam Cooper, RBP, FBPA, Director of Conferences. “This three-day international meeting is packed with classroom and workshop sessions on topics such as video editing, microscopy, scientific photography, and 4D imaging.”
Conference highlights will include:
· Michael Peres, RBP, FBPA, associate chair of the School of Photographic Arts & Sciences at the Rochester Institute of Technology, will present the Maria Ikenberg Lindberg lecture, “It is not the destination but rather the journey”.
· London-based photographer Tim Flach will present the Anne Shiras Pioneer Members Lecture, “Who’s upside down; us or the bats?”.
· An entire day of workshops on Wednesday, including “Image Formation”, “Intro to TechSmith Camtasia Studio”, “Choices in Video Editing Software”, Making Sense of Video Compression”
· A tour of the Mayo Clinic’s Rochester Mayo Multidisciplinary Simulation Center.
· Two post-meeting workshops, one at The Minnesota Zoo on Saturday, July 26 and the other at SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium on Sunday, July 27.
This year’s meeting will be held concurrently with the Association of Medical Illustrators (AMI) and the Association of Biomedical Communication Directors (ABCD). The three groups will participate in a joint opening reception on July 23, where BCA’s 2014 BioImages entries will be exhibited.
To learn more or to register, visit http://bca.org/
The BioCommunications Association, Inc. (BCA) is an international professional association of photographers, designers, illustrators, and videographers working in visual communications for the life sciences. Founded in 1931 as the Biological Photographic Association, today's BioCommunications Association promotes the highest standards of education, performance, and professionalism. Members are from health care, universities, research institutions, government and private industry throughout North America and internationally. BCA is the oldest organization devoted to the development of visual communication media in the life sciences. http://www.bca.org