Very common Types of DVD Packaging Design
There are many DVD packaging Designs out there in the market for the people in the business of distribution of DVDs. It is their job that the DVD is transferred to the ownership of the customer safe and sound.
Packaging designs, covers, and cases comes in many shapes and sizes for our DVDs. They all fulfill the same basic purpose but have many features special to them. They all are supposed to do the same job – providing our DVDs safe and sound to us. Some designs are better at doing their job than others. Some designs have also gotten old.
The jewel case is one of the DVD Packaging Designs which have gotten quite old now. It is as old as the compact disc. This case is still used by majority of manufacturers out there, and it is also common in movie and record stores. Unfortunately, it is not used in major movies DVDs supplying due to certain shortcomings. This design is made of plastic and is prone to shocks and stress. The hinges which support the disc in one place also break due to this, making the cover unusable.
Fortunately, there are many DVD Packaging Designs out there to choose from.
· Keep Case – This is the most common type of DVD packaging Design (http://new.pitchengine.com/
· Paper Sleeve – This is one of the cheapest designs out there. It is made of paper in the form of envelope. It doesn’t provide efficient protection therefore is not used for commercial releases
· Digisleeve – This type of packaging is made of hinged cardboard case. The benefits of this design are that it provides space for a booklet and the material is also cheap.
· Discbox Slider – It is made up of carton board. It is 100% recyclable. It is useful in terms of its lightweight and printable design.
· Spindles – These are used for the bulk packaging of DVDs. Usually, blank DVDs or CDs are sold in this type of design. It consists of two components; a clear plastic cup that holds the discs and the central post that stacks the discs.
The basic purpose and function of all types of DVD Packaging Design is to protect the disc lying inside from adverse environmental affects which may damage the disc and deem it unusable. It results in the cause of negative reviews for both the company and supplier.