News By Tag
News By Location
Barracuda NG Firewall extends support for Microsoft centric deployments
New version adds capabilities for Windows Remote Desktop Services, Hyper-V Virtualization and Microsoft Azure
“The market shift from the traditional network firewall to the next-generation firewall is happening concurrently with the shift in modern computing environments from traditional desktops and on-premises, dedicated server hardware,” said Klaus Gheri, VP network security at Barracuda. “With the latest Barracuda NG Firewall release, we continue to enable our customers to make the shift to the newer topologies proposed in the Microsoft ecosystem, including Hyper-V virtualisation and Microsoft Azure public cloud infrastructure.”
The latest version of the Barracuda NG Firewall includes capabilities such as:
· Full user awareness for Windows Remote Desktop Services. Barracuda NG Firewall rules can be user aware even when multiple users on a Remote Desktop Server are behind a single IP address. The latest version of Barracuda NG Firewall adds another integration that makes use of a small, lightweight transparent client that simplifies integration and does not rely on external authentication protocols.
· Support for Hyper-V virtualisation. Barracuda NG Firewall Vx virtual appliances can be deployed on Microsoft Hyper-V servers, in addition to VMware.
· Extended support for Microsoft Azure cloud. The latest Barracuda NG Firewall version now supports next-generation firewalling capabilities and high speed (>1 Gbps) site-to-site secure remote access from on-premises networks to Microsoft Azure or Vnets within Microsoft Azure. It enables organisations to deploy securely interconnected multi-zone network architectures. For more information, visit cuda.co/ngfw-
Additionally, concurrent with these new capabilities, Barracuda has released other features in the Barracuda NG Firewall version 5.4.3 that continue to support its leading next-generation firewall capabilities, including:
· New application usage and risk reports. This latest Barracuda NG Firewall version provides new reports that help administrators enforce Internet usage policies and provides recommendations for redefining policies based on risk.
· Higher performance antivirus scanning. Re-architected to provide higher performance, the Barracuda NG Firewall utilises a single-pass, antivirus scanning architecture that inspects both unencrypted and SSL-encrypted traffic.
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda NG Firewall version 5.4.3 is immediately available at no additional charge to existing customers on the current hardware platform with an active Energize Update subscription.
Barracuda NG Firewall physical appliances pricing ranges from £499 to £23,499 in the Eurozone, depending on model, with no per user fees. Energize Updates starts at £99. An Instant Replacement service featuring priority replacement of failed hardware and complimentary refresh after four years of continued service is available starting at £99 per year.
The Barracuda NG Firewall Vx is a virtual appliance that runs on both VMware and Hyper-V environments and is sized based on target numbers of users. Pricing for virtual appliances in the Eurozone start at £499.
Pricing in other geographies varies by region.
The Barracuda NG Firewall in Microsoft Azure is available today, sold on an annual basis. User licenses can be purchased through traditional channels, and customers can then use that license to provision the application in Microsoft Azure.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organisations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the functionality and performance of Barracuda NG Firewall products. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control and that could cause the Company’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company’s business and financial results include, but are not limited to, a highly competitive business environment and customer response to the Company’s products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including under the caption “Risk Factors” in the Company’s prospectus filed with the SEC on November 6, 2013 pursuant to Rule 424(b) under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.
Barracuda Networks, Barracuda and the Barracuda Networks logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the US and other countries.