News By Tag
* Family Photography
* Family Photographer
* Family Heirloom
* Family Memories
* Portrait Photographer
* More Tags...
News By Place
A Photographer's Family Time Capsule in 2014
Patrick Stubbs is a professional family photographer travelling the world to photograph all his family members in 2014
· Patrick Stubbs is a professional family photographer travelling the world to photograph all his family members in 2014.
· It will take him to the USA, Denmark, Scotland and all over England.
· He has already photographed family members in the USA (Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and around Pennsylvania and Virginia), and the UK (the Midlands, Ashford, Kent and Lincolnshire)
· He is doing it to create a permanent snapshot in time of his family in 2014 – a visual time capsule.
· All photos will be made available for all family members and it is a personally financed, not for profit project.
· Patrick Stubbs is the owner of Natural Expressions Photography, specialising in family life photography
Patrick Stubbs is a professional family photographer currently undertaking a fascinating personal photography project.
Patrick has spent the last 10 years photographing families, telling everyone how important it is to have professional photographs as important keepsakes. But there is a huge gap in his work – he has never photographed his own family in detail.
He has now embarked on a personal project to photograph every member of his family in 2014, wherever they may be in the world. Every household will be photographed and the photos will be made available for everyone to keep.
His idea is to give his family a ‘time capsule’ and family heirloom for current and future family members.
“Future generations will be able to look at this album and know who everyone is, where they lived, what they did, etc - it's an heirloom”, says Patrick.
“There are lots of children involved in this project, and this will be something that they will own in the years to come”.
Patrick says “I am the owner of Natural Expressions Photography in the UK, which specialises in photographing and documenting family life. I’ve photographed plenty of families as clients over the years, but realised that I have nothing of my extended family members.
A couple of things kick started this project. Years ago, my grandfather had an old suitcase full of photographs of people, and he took it upon himself to write details of names and relationship on the back of each photo. Many of these people are my ancestors, but I have no idea who they are because my granddad died before he could complete his project.
A close photographer friend of mine recently took a photo of my wife, children and myself standing outside our house, and it got me thinking about how great it would be to do this for all my family”.
His project has already started and Patrick has photographed several family members around the UK.
He also spent 3 weeks in the USA in April, photographing members of his wife’s family. He now has to travel to Denmark later in the year as well as Scotland and various locations in England.
Patrick’s project is personally financed and is not for profit – for him, it’s all about the importance of family and having a snapshot in time of his own family.
Patrick's website is www.naturalexpressions.co.uk