News By Tag
News By Location
Did you know you can eliminate Mosquitoes and Ticks in your yard? Say good bye to these pesky bugs
WARMER WEATHER BRINGS UNWANTED GUESTS:
MOSQUITO SQUAD LOCAL EXPERTS PROVIDE TIPS TO KEEP BACKYARDS MOSQUITO-FREE
Neenah, WI ( May 12, 2014) – With this spring’s wet weather, comes the arrival of unwanted visitors: MOSQUITOES and TICKS
The experts at Mosquito Squad, the nation’s largest mosquito elimination firm, are teaching Americans how to take back their yards with a few simple tips. By reducing or eliminating the mosquito populations in their yards, homeowners will expand enjoyment of their outdoor living spaces while reducing the chance of becoming ill from disease-bearing mosquitoes.
Andrew Ratka of Mosquito Squad of the Fox Cities recommends homeowners remember the following five tips for mosquito control:
1. TIP. Reduce standing water to eliminate mosquito threats, including those in children’s sandboxes, wagons or plastic toys; underneath and around downspouts, in plant saucers and dog bowls. Other hot spots include tarps, gutters, and flat roofs.
2. TOSS. Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and clippings from yards.
3. TURN. Turn over larger yard items that could hold water like children’s portable sandboxes or plastic toys.
4. REMOVE TARPS. If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats or sports equipment aren’t taut, they’re holding water.
5. TREAT. Utilize a mosquito elimination barrier treatment around the home and yard. Using a barrier treatment at home reduces the need for using DEET-containing bug spray on the body. Mosquito Squad’s eliminates up to 90 percent of the mosquitoes and ticks on a property.
While generally a nuisance, mosquitoes and ticks can carry dangerous diseases such as West Nile and Lyme disease. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that nearly 300,000 Americans have been sickened with West Nile Virus since it arrived in the U.S. 11 years ago.
About Mosquito Squad
Approaching 100 franchise locations nationwide, Mosquito Squad is an Outdoor Living Brands company specializing in eliminating mosquitoes and ticks from outdoor living spaces. For more information, visit http://www.mosquitosquad.com