News By Tag
News By Location
Capita announce their Tackling Honour Based Violence, Forced Marriage and FGM Conference
This conference comes as forced marriage is criminalised in the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act. Never has there been a more important time to come together in a multi-agency response to these critical issues.
Wednesday, 16 July 2014
Expert speakers include:
• Keynote: Norman Baker MP, Minister of State for Crime Prevention, Home Office
• Keynote: Mak Chishty, Commander for North London, Metropolitan Police and Honour Based Violence Lead, Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO)
• Chaz Akoshile, Joint Head, Forced Marriage Unit
• Dr Comfort Momoh MBE, FGM and Public Health Specialist, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and Board Member, FGM National Clinical Group
About the event:
Our Tackling Honour Based Violence, Forced Marriage and FGM comes as forced marriage is criminalised in the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act and the government publishes its renewed action plan in A Call to End Violence against Women and Girls.
Never has there been a more important time to come together in a multi-agency response to these critical issues.
Hear from the Minister for Crime Prevention and expert colleagues from police, health, local government, education, housing and the voluntary sector on:
• Driving forward partnership working to enable prevention, support and protection for victims and those at risk
• How the new forced marriage legislation will be enforced and how this can be used in tandem with FMPOs to increase choice for individuals
• Examining how to equip the health workforce with the knowledge to identify FGM and report into clear structures that eliminate the opportunity for delay and ensures accountability for successful outcomes
• Discovering how ACPO and the Metropolitan Police Service are strengthening the police response to HBV, FM and FGM
• Gaining transferable advice from a college and local authority panel that has overcome barriers to information sharing
For more information:
Download the brochure:
DISCOUNT: BOOK A THIRD DELEGATE AT HALF PRICE
Contact: Amna Khan on 020 7202 0562 or email@example.com (mailto:amna.khan@
Follow us on Twitter @capitaconf #capitaconf