News By Tag
News By Place
Fabricators & Manufacturers Association Names 2014 FMA/CNA Safety Award Winners
The 2014 Safety Award of Honor is presented to companies having perfect safety records – no recordable injuries or illnesses for calendar year 2013. One of this year’s honor winners, Nova Group, Inc. of Napa, Calif. has won for three consecutive years.
Companies receiving the 2014 Safety Award of Honor are:
· BTD Manufacturing, Inc. – (Three facilities – two in Lakeville, Minn., and one in Otsego, Minn.)
· Eskay Metal Fabricating, Buffalo, N.Y.
· Feralloy Corporation, Huger, S.C.
· Material Fabricators, Inc., Buellton, Calif.
· Nova Group, Inc., Napa, Calif.
· Olympic Steel – (Four facilities – Gary, Ind.; Bedford Heights, Ohio; Dover, Ohio; and Roseville, Minn.)
The 2014 Safety Award of Merit is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2013 that is better than the published Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate by 10 percent or greater, based on their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code. Of the merit winners, Anderson & Dahlen has won a safety award for eight consecutive years, and ADM Mechanical, GH Metal Solutions, and Tampa Tank-Florida Structural Steel have each won a safety award for five consecutive years.
Companies receiving the 2014 Safety Award of Merit are:
· ADM Mechanical, Decatur, Ill.
· AK Tube LLC – (Two facilities – Columbus, Ind. and Walbridge, Ohio)
· Anderson & Dahlen, Inc., Ramsey, Minn.
· BEGNEAUD Manufacturing, Inc., Lafayette, La.
· BTD Manufacturing, Detroit Lakes, Minn.
· Buhler Aeroglide, Cary, S.C.
· Cerro Flow Products LLC, Shelbina, Mo.
· GH Metal Solutions, Inc., Fort Payne, Ala.
· Harco Metal Products, Valley Head, Ala.
· JMC Steel Group - (Six facilities – Blytheville, Ark.; Thomasville, Ala.; Cambridge, Ohio; Chicago, Ill.; Harrow, Ont.; and Plymouth, Mich.)
· McAlpin Industries, Rochester, N.Y.
· Mech-Tronics, Melrose Park, Ill.
· New Standard Corporation, York, Pa.
· Olympic Steel - (Three facilities – Schaumburg, Ill.; Siler City, N.C.; and Detroit, Mich.)
· PlayCore Wisconsin, Inc., Fort Payne, Ala.
· Progressive Metal Manufacturing, Warren, Mich.
· R-V Industries, Honey Brook, Pa.
· Shickel Corporation, Bridgewater, Va.
· Southeastern Metal Products LLC
· Steel Warehouse - (Two facilities – Cleveland, Ohio and Rock Island, Ill.)
· Tampa Tank, Inc.- Florida Structural Steel, Tampa, Fla.
· The Dupps Company, Germantown, Ohio
· Timesavers, Inc., Maple Grove, Minn.
· Union Corrugating, Fayetteville, N.C.
· Vanner, Inc., Hilliard, Ohio
The 2014 Safety Award – Honorable Mention is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2013 that is at least equal to but less than 10 percent better than the published Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate based on their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code.
Companies receiving the 2014 Safety Award – Honorable Mention are:
· General Sheet Metal Works, South Bend, Ind.
· JMC Steel Group, Niles, Ohio
· Olympic Steel, Milford, Conn.
· Steel Warehouse of Ohio, South Bend, Ind.
The 2014 Most Improved Safety Record was awarded to Olympic Steel of Dover, Ohio for being the Safety Awards winner with the greatest percentage of improvement over the prior year.
“On behalf of the FMA, I congratulate the 2014 FMA/CNA Safety Award Winners,” said Edward Youdell, president and CEO of FMA. “This year’s winning companies all share similar attitudes and values towards safety and safe work environments for their employees all while making quality products and running successful manufacturing operations. FMA, along with its preferred business insurance carrier CNA, are proud to recognize these manufacturers for their outstanding achievements in the area of safety.”
To be eligible to receive recognition, companies were required to submit OSHA Form 300A, Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, for the period Jan. 1, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2013. Firms of all sizes were eligible. Winners were determined based on NAICS code categories and BLS injury and illness incidence rates.
The awards were presented at a recognition dinner at the Annual FMA Safety
Conference,held April 23-24, 2014 in Rock Island, Ill. at Jumer’s Casino & Hotel. For more information on the awards program, the Safety
Conference, or FMA membership, please visit fmanet.org or call 888-394-4362.
Based in Rockford, Ill., FMA is a professional organization with nearly 2,300 members working together to improve the metal fabricating and forming industry. Founded in 1970, FMA brings metal fabricators and fabricating equipment manufacturers together through technology councils, educational programs, networking events, and the FABTECH® trade show. FMA also has two technology affiliates, the Tube & Pipe Association, International (TPA), which focuses on the unique needs of companies engaged in tube and pipe producing and fabricating;
Patricia Lee, Marketing Director