News By Tag
News By Location
Capita announce details of their Road Maintenance and Improvement Conference - 24th June 14, London
Our Road Maintenance and Improvement Conference provides an opportunity for strategic thinkers to discuss how to plan your road maintenance strategy.
Tuesday 24th June 2014 – Central London
• Keynote: Rt Hon Robert Goodwill, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport, Department for Transport (Ministerial Video Address)
• Keynote; Sue Percy, Chief Executive, The Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation
• Chair: Steve Kent, HMEP Advocate, President, Association of Directors of Environment, Economy, Planning and Transport (ADEPT)
About the event:
Capita’s National Road Maintenance and Improvement Conference provides a timely opportunity for senior level strategic thinkers to come together to discuss how to best plan your road maintenance strategy and use the additional £140 million in Government funding set aside to help repair roads worst hit by weather damage.
With a focus on the key areas of capital investment, good asset management, financial planning and funding allocation, the programme offers guidance for developing investment projects and the mapping out of planned and preventative maintenance.
Don't miss the chance to liaise with best practice leaders, share their advice and experience on planning for the future to improve and maintain both the strategic road network and local road networks.
Benefits of attending:
• Hear an update from the Department for Transport on the changing policy landscape, the general direction of travel for the codes of practice and clarification around changing funding arrangements
• Discover how to ensure your financial planning is up to scratch and allows the flexibility for investment in the local road infrastructure through the strategic economic plan
• Benefit from best practice advice on asset management and maximising the potential of new technologies and innovative products
• Get to grips with how to achieve greater efficiency through increasing collaborative working, joining forces with neighbouring local authorities and contractors
• Gain insight into how to strike a balance between reactive repair work and major schemes of planned maintenance and improvement
For more information please visit:
Download the brochure:
DISCOUNT: BOOK A THIRD DELEGATE AT HALF PRICE
Contact: Amna Khan on 020 7202 0562 or firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:amna.khan@
Follow us on Twitter @capitaconf #capitaconf