News By Tag
News By Location
Learn to Swim at the San Gabriel Valley YMCA for a Safe and Healthy Summer
With summer just around the corner, swim safety is on everyone’s mind. The San Gabriel Valley YMCA takes a proactive approach to ensure that all members of the community can learn to swim.
The San Gabriel YMCA offers swim lessons for all ages like Parent/Child Lessons, Recreation Swim, Lap Swim, Advanced Stroke Development, and Lifeguarding Certification Classes. Their swim programs are open to everyone (members and non-members)
• Session 1: May 27th – June 5th (2 week Session; Lessons run M-TH, May 27-30, and June 2-5)
• Session 2: June 9th – July 3rd ( 4 week Session; Lessons run M/W or T/TH)
• Session 3: July 7th – August 1st ( 4 week Session; Lessons run M/W or T/TH)
• Group Lessons - $53 per session (8 classes per session)
• Private Lessons – $135 (5 lessons) – call for times
• Recreation Swim Pass – $25 per month, M-F, 12:30pm-2:00pm PM
• NEW! Lap Swimming – $25 per month, 6:30am – 12pm, 12:30pm – 3:00pm
• $20 per session financial aid for qualifying families- just ask!
• Los Altos High School – 15325 E. Los Robles, Hacienda Heights
• Wilson High School - 16455 E. Wedgeworth, Hacienda Heights
The best way to promote water safety is through awareness, education, and developing confidence and skills in the water. With 2 pool locations in Hacienda Heights, the San Gabriel Valley YMCA is offering a variety of swim programs for all ages!
For more information about the YMCA and its programs, please visit www.sgvymca.org or call (626) 339-6221.