Jacksonville Law Firm Honored as a "Company with Heart"
High Profile Personal Victims' Rights Lawyer John Phillips Received Award for Charitable Giving
No lawyer or law firm had ever won the award- until now. Victims' advocate and frequent news commentator John Phillips changed that in 2014.
How did they do it? For starters, John launched a campaigned on social media to give $1 to K9's for Warriors for every retweet on Twitter or like on Facebook. He has raised several thousand dollars, and frequently matched it, for local charities. He also participated in Jacksonville’
John gives his time as much as he writes checks. In December 2013, John participated in a fashion show for BEAM (Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry-sustaining families for 27 years). He also ended the year, helping a Duval County Public School teacher raise over $10,000 for a class set of laptops, even rebounding for the teacher during his shoot-a-thon. Finally, the firm’s annual Christmas Office Party includes a Toy Drive for Toys for Tots. John personally shops for the charity, this year filling two carts at Target this year and making sure each and every guest is greeted with a handshake or hug. Ultimately, van loads of toys were given and John received an accommodation from the Marine Corp Reserve.
Yet, the giving doesn’t stop there. Each and every client is an opportunity to give back, to serve and to show passion and compassion. Jacksonville welcomed John over a decade ago and his is just paying the town he loves back. "This award is the most significant award I have ever gotten," John said, "I am beyond humbled.
John has also received the following accolades in 2013 and 2014:
- "Best Lawyer," by readers of the Folio Weekly,
- "Righteous Crusader," by readers of the Folio Weekly,
- "#1 Lawyer," by readers of Void Magazine,
- "Top Lawyer," by 904 Magazine,
- "Best Lawyer," by Jacksonville Magazine,
- "Who's Who in Law," by Ponte Vedra Recorder,
as well as rated:
- AV- Preeminent (the highest rating obtainable), by peers according to Martindale- Hubbell,
- 10 / 10, by Avvo,
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, by the National Trial Lawyers Association,
- Top 40 Under 40, by the American Society of Legal Advocates,
- SuperLawyer, by Florida Super Lawyers.
For more information, contact:
John M. Phillips
The Law Office of John M. Phillips