National Seminar on Goods & Services Tax conducted at IPEM, Ghaziabad
IPEM, Ghaziabad has conducted a National Seminar on Goods & Services Tax, which saw participation from over 150 delegates from various industries and professional fields
The key objectives of the seminar included:
- Critical & important issues of Indirect Tax Laws which has impact on Trade & Business Decisions & also to generate a thought process on the proposed Good & Services Tax Regime in the Country.
- Providing real time clarity to participants from senior tax administrator on the provisions of new Indirect Tax Regime.
- The changes that have been done in the recent past & their impact on society, like inclusion of VAT etc.
- New Concepts under GST.
- To understand the bottlenecks prevailing in the VAT.
- To suggest new ways and means, to make the taxation system more effective.
Other prominent speakers at the event included Mr. Mukul Gupta, Chairman, GST Committee of AIFTP, Mr. Atul Kumar Gupta, Sr. Partner , Indirect Tax Services, APRA & Associates, Ms. Amrita Mitra, Partner, DHC Consultants, Mr. Prashant Raizada, Partner, Indirect Tax, BDO Advisory Services Pvt. Ltd., Mr. Abhishek Jain, Partner, Taxation Ernst & Young LLP, Mr. Mukesh Goel, CA-Mukesh Raj & Co. and Mr. Harsh Kumar, Consultant (Business Management) , FDDI Business School.
Over 150 delegates from various industries and professional fields participated in the event and the most prominent and relevant issues explored at the seminar included:
- The need for change in Indirect Tax Regime & the role of GST.
- Switching to GST, implication, effects and opportunities.
- Services to be exempted from GST.
- Procedures to be adopted for Audit, Investigation, Search & Inquiry.
- CENVAT Credit & Valuation Rulesunder Finance Act.
- Measures for effective utilization of revenue collected from Indirect Taxes.
- Penalties, Prosecution & Arrest in case of non-payment & default in Finance Act.
- Assessment and Evaluation Procedures of VAT.
- Taxation in Service Sectors with reference to Real Estate, Hospitality & Education.
- Comparison of the existing and proposed Indirect Tax System regarding contribution to GDP.
- Burning Issues/ New Concepts relating with Taxation Rules under GST.
About Institute of Professional Excellence & Management (IPEM)
IPEM made a modest beginning in the year 1996, with a few Management and Computer Application Programmes. Today the IPEM Group of Institutions are in the forefront of imparting knowledge in the fields of Management, Information Technology, Education and Law. The MBA and MCA courses at IPEM are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU), Lucknow. The Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) course is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) Govt of India, Ministry of HRD. The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed & BTC, Approved by National Council for Teacher Education), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) and Bachelor of Law (LL.B & BA LL.B - Approved by Bar Council of India) are affiliated to Choudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut. IPEM Group of Institutions operate from two separate campuses- one for Post-Graduate Programmes and the other for Under- Graduate Programmes. IPEM is located at NH-24 By-Pass, 9 km from Delhi adjoining to NOIDA.
For media queries, please log on to: http://pragency.co.in/