News By Tag
* Czech New Tax Measures
* Tax Evasion And Avoidance
* unreliable VAT payers
* International Tax Services
* More Tags...
News By Place
Czech Republic Proposes New Tax Measures
The Czech government has proposed new tax measures including some directed at reducing tax evasion and avoidance.
Some of the significant changes proposed for businesses relate to Value Added Tax (VAT), handling of bank accounts and others focused on countering VAT fraud and tax evasion. Following is a summary of some of the significant proposed measures that may affect many businesses:
* Value Added Tax (VAT):
An increase in the scope of the reverse charge mechanism.
For the cross-examination of tax (input and output VAT) an electronic evidence system will be introduced.
Revision and expansion of the definition for "unreliable VAT payers"to include additional categories.
* Launch of a central register of bank accounts that would include account owner and transaction details.
* Establishing an online revenue registrationsystem.
* Improved tax administration,including electronic analysis of tax filings and increased collaboration with law enforcement.
* Increased cooperation with international administrative bodies improving the exchange of information pertaining to possible tax avoidance throughtax havens.
Companies having operations in Czech Republic or those planning to establish operations in the country are advised to carefully monitor progress ofthe above tax proposals.
For more information about doing business overseas (http://www.nair-
Get the latest news releases and updates on international tax, HR, Finance, compliance and other legal news at Nair & Co. Industry Alerts (http://www.nair-
About Nair & Co.
Nair & Co., the leader in international business expansion services, provides accounting, HR, legal, tax and compliance services for the set up and management of your international operations. Our model of a single-point-
Media Contacts: For media enquiries or to learn to more about Nair & Co., please email us at email@example.com or call Yvonne Smith at +1.408.501.8867