News By Tag
News By Location
Ceramic Polymer GmbH: Protective coatings for biogas applications
Coating of high-performance paddle mixers for biogas fermenters
· Height of the stirring units: approx. 5 meters
· Material of the paddles: stainless steel without coating
· Coating product for the shafts and pillar constructions:
· Bolted areas: Additional sealing with Ultra-Perform Z-2 F
· Manufacturer of the paddle mixers: Steverding Rührwerkstechnik GmbH
· Application of the coating: SLP Beschichtungs GmbH
The shafts and pillar constructions were coated in one layer with the chemically resistant premium product Proguard CN 200 by airless spraying methods.
The shaft and the paddle construction are placed in the variable range of biogas and biomass. The steel components are steadily exposed to the influences of the biogas, which provoke the highly corrosive effect. A coating system with excellent physical properties and resistances is essential for this kind of application.
For moisture-proof sealing of the corrodible screwings a special coating paste from Ceramic Polymer’s sister company Ultra Perform Coatings GmbH was applied; Ultra-Perform Z-2 F, the high-quality repair grout with specific fiber-reinforcement.