News By Tag
* Myanmar Manufacturing
* Thilawa SEZ
* Myanmar local manufacturers
* FDI manufacturing Myanmar
* investing Myanmar
* More Tags...
News By Location
Myanmar Manufacturing Summit in May, Outlines Blueprint to Making Myanmar the Next Manufacturing Hub
Myanmar’s Ministry of Industry is supporting and endorsing CMT’s first Myanmar Manufacturing Summit scheduled on 26-27 May 2014, in Yangon. This event attracts top-notch manufacturers from across the value chain.
His Excellency U. Maung Myint, Union Minister, Ministry of Industry, Myanmar will inaugurate the Summit with an Opening Keynote Address and set the floor open for key stakeholders to share their perspectives and experiences in riding the Myanmar’s manufacturing boom.
Top of the list is Prof. Dr. Aung Tun Thet, Economic Advisor, President's Office, Myanmar and President's National Economic and Social Advisory Council Member & Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC) Member who shares a comprehensive overview of ‘Promoting an Investor Friendly Environment in Myanmar'. Meanwhile the ‘Development & Progress of Thilawa Special Economic Zone’ will be explored by Winston Set Aung, Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Myanmar, Chairman, Thilawa Special Economic Zone Management Committee.
Sanjeev Khanna, Managing Director of COCA-COLA Pinya Beverages joins in to offer perspective on ‘Investing in a Manufacturing Plant in Myanmar’ and Vivek Chhabra, Regional Business Development Director of HEINEKEN shares insights on Investment in Myanmar and provide a comparison between Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia.
Other key sessions include:
· Challenges & Opportunities of Operating a Garment Factory in Myanmar – Kazuto Yamazaki, Deputy Managing Director, Famoso Clothing Co., Ltd.
· Development of Mandalay Myotha Industrial Park & Semeikhon River Port – Nelson Aung Win Khaing, Chairman & CEO, MMID - Mandalay Myotha Industrial Development Public Co.
· Structuring your Investment in Myanmar – Minn Naing Oo, Managing Director, Allen & Gledhill (Myanmar) Co., Ltd.
· From Inception to Execution: Planning for Tax Efficiency – Bernard U. Cobarrubias, Director, Regional Tax Practice, DFDL Legal & Tax
· Financing Manufacturing Facilities in Myanmar – Options & Sources of Finance – Georges Joseph Ghorra, Principal Investment Officer, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
· National Transport Development Masterplan & Status – U. Aung Ye Tun, Director - International Affairs Division, Transport Dept., Ministry of Transport, Myanmar
The key summit will also host a Panel Discussion on – How can Local Manufacturers Compete Post AEC 2015 (ASEAN Economic Community)? with Dr. Sai Sam Htum, Chairman, Loi Hein Co. Ltd. as panelist.
To enable participants to clarify doubts on investment issues, organizer has also set up a DICA CLINIC session led by Cho Cho Wynn, Deputy Director General, Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (DICA). The summit is further enhanced with an INVESTORS’ PANEL DISCUSSION on ‘Challenges & Plans of Setting up Production Facilities in Myanmar’ headed / steered by panelists such as Jens Knoke, General Manager of Laundry and Home Care, Henkel Myanmar and Nicolas George, Managing Director, Lafarge TCBM.
To access the complete agenda of the event, visit Myanmar Manufacturing Summit website http://www.cmtevents.com/
For registrations, contact Ms. Grace at + 65 6346 9147.
Ms. Grace OH
+65 6346 9147