Shabaam Sahdeeq Announces Fifth Studio Album, 'Keepers of the Lost Art'
Mainstay Medina Rap Veteran Fights to Preserve the Culture with Latest LP
What originally started as 40 tracks, Keepers Of The Lost Art was eventually boiled down to 20, reflecting S-Dub's most comprehensive long play release to date. The LP details his motivation to stay in the game and fight for the culture with bars as tough as the mic in his hand. The production runs the gamut from laid back as exemplified by the nostalgic piano chords on the Lewis Parker produced "Walk with the Light," to electrifying, as demonstrated by the DJ Skizz produced street banger "That Dope," which boasts features from Brooklyn's premiere panderer Wais P, and the lyrically sharp Sha Stimuli. And complain no more club deejays, Shabaam has you covered for a dance friendly cut to spin late Friday nights with the DJ Wonder produced "Fall In Line." It's safe to call it a comeback as his rhymes are as polished today, as they were when he made his Rawkus debut in '97 with "Arabian Nights" B/W "Side 2 Side."
Artistically, the album cover reveals a scenario where Hip-Hop's younger generation discovers the cultural keepsakes of yesteryear. From a solid gold boombox, to jewel crusted crowns, drum machines, and outboard gear, S-Dub is here to confront the generational disconnect, as spelled out on the Eric Rico featured "Grown Man Hustle" -- "Some of these young boys consider me a throwback, I birthed your style you need to give me my flow back," spits S-Dub. When explaining the album cover, Shabaam states: "Imagine the world came to an end in an apocalypse and some kids survived in a bunker. Now when the dust settles and the smoke is gone, the kids come out the bunker and discover a treasure chest in an old music store that contains all the elements of Hip-Hop, and started having fun with it." Whether you see it as a time capsule or the last defense of Hip-Hop's watchmen, Keepers Of The Lost Art could be played ten years ago, today, and ten years from now with high praise.
Keepers of the Lost Art includes guest features from the likes of Tragedy Khadafi, REKS, El Gant, Wais P, Sha Stimuli, Skyzoo, F.T., Mic Handz, General DV (DV Alias Khrist), Spit Gemz, and Bekay among others, and becomes available April 22nd via digital download and CD, through Below System.
01. Keepers Of The Lost Art (prod. by Res Nullius)
02. Conceited Confidence (prod. by Ran Reed)
03. Playing Games (prod. by Lewis Parker)
04. Speak Truth (feat. Reks & Kamala) [prod. by DJ Ready Cee]
05. Walk With the Light (prod. by Lewis Parker)
06. That Dope (feat. Wais P & Sha Stimuli) [prod. by DJ Skizz]
07. Hardbody & Heavy (feat. Half A Brick, EastKoast & DJ Dister) [prod. by Lewis Parker]
08. Tranquilo (prod. by Harry Fraud)
09. Grown Man Hustle (feat. Eric Rico) [prod. by Lewis Parker]
10. The Come Back Kid (feat. Skyzoo and F.T.) [prod. By DJ Skizz]
11. Seasons Change (prod. by Lewis Parker)
12. City of Fame (feat. Mic Handz) [prod. by Teike van Baden]
13. He Who Dares (feat. Lewis Parker) [prod. by Lewis Parker]
14. Fall In Line (prod. by DJ Wonder)
15. O.G. Certified (feat. Tragedy Khadafi & DJ Ready Cee) [prod. by Lewis Parker]
16. Done It All (feat. Bekay) [prod. by DJ Dister]
17. Relax (Remix) [prod. by DJ Dister]
18. Energon 2 (feat. Spit Gemz & DJ Dister) [prod. by One Take]
19. Honor Me Now (Remix) [prod. by Science of Vinyl Villains]
20. U Don’t Want None (feat. General DV) [prod. by AlterBeats]
Bonus Tracks (Digital Only):
21. Cut From a Different Cloth (feat. Hakim) [prod. by Donald Robinson Cole the 3rd]
22. Do You (prod. by DJ Spinna)
23. Motion Picture (prod. by DJ Spinna)
iTunes Pre-Order: https://itunes.apple.com/
Shabaam Sahdeeq (feat. Wais P & Sha Stimuli) - "That Dope" (prod. by DJ Skizz)
Diamond Media 360
Page Updated Last on: Apr 08, 2014