News By Tag
News By Location
How to Get Recruited for College Football by TOPS Marketing Department
Oklahoma City, OK April 7, 2014, A few successful tips that will help jump start your college recruiting campaign.
2. Start to focus on your education: A good core Grade Point Average (GPA) will help tremendously in qualifying for a scholarship. Note: View your core calculation before taking ACT or SAT. You might want to take a few ACT or SAT prep classes before you take the real exam.
3. Have a productive summer: Choose the right combines, camps or showcase tournaments where college coaches will be in attendance.
4. Start building a portfolio: Start putting together your highlight films, stats, news articles and awards.
5. Contact the NCAA Eligibility Center: It’s best to sign up during the summer, however if you wait until school to starts back you will find 200,000 other athletes signing up at the same time. Make sure to get the basics of your application completed before you ask your school counselor for a copy of transcripts and test scores.
6. Time to build a Recruiting Platform: You can build your own website campaign or sign up for a recruiting service. The cost for a recruiting service could be as low as $50 or as high as $2000. Make sure to compare prices and services offered.
7. Let’s start contacting college coaches: Ok, now it is time to start contacting college coaches. Don’t get so worked up over this part. Start by sending out an introduction email and if a coach emails a reply with a questionnaire attached, than follow up with a phone call.
For more information on high school football profiles go to:
TOPS Recruiting Services
P O Box 95911
Oklahoma City, OK 73143
Email us: marketingdepartment@
Page Updated Last on: Apr 08, 2014