News By Tag
News By Place
TechBiz Connection Sponsors Forum on How Businesses Can Successfully Connect with Millennials
According to Jack Bicer, TechBiz Connection president, millennials grew up with the "do not call list" and "TiVo thru the ads" on TV. “They probably have never seen an encyclopedia or Avon door to door salesperson,”
To help end the over-criticism and under appreciation, TechBiz Connection will delve into the way five Millennial-run enterprises are succeeding by serving their own generation and those to come. Attendees will learn why businesses need to take their buying power seriously if they don't want to be like Willy Loman in Death of a Salesman.
The panel moderator is Al Ramirez, Twitter political personality andTBC board member. Just about every politician would want over 200,000 Twitter followers overnight but it’s not always a good thing. During his 2010 bid for the U.S. Senate Mr. Ramirez got a gift from Twitter by being placed on their controversial Suggested User List but he quickly found out everyone who follows is not a friend or impressed. “The biggest lesson I learned is that with great gifts come great responsibility, and it's up to you to determine what your lasting reputation will be based on how you use it or else be stuck with a white elephant,” Ramirez explained.
Panelist Thumbnail Bios
· Sennett Devermont is the founder of MrCheckpoint, whose primary mission is to deter drunk driving and promote public safety by publicizing DUI checkpoints, DUI statistics, speed traps, police activity, and changes in DUI awareness campaigns. In order to actually help prevent drunk driving on the roads, the first step is to reach the right audience. MrCheckpoint prides itself in identifying and targeting the right demographic being twenty-one to thirty-five year-olds, which make up majority of arrests and accidents relating to DUI. MrCheckpoint's free texting service sends ad supported SMS text messages in real-time to users who subscribe and opt-in to receive these services. Users receive DUI checkpoint updates, speed trap alerts, as well discounts to local sponsors. MrCheckpoint is proud to have sent millions of text messages since the launch in August of 2012. Mr. Devermont is a graduate of San Diego State University.
· James Liu, owner/founder,BoxCat Games, is an experienced project/product/
· Nicole Marie Johnson, actress/writer/
· Suzanne Natbony founded LawTake as the answer for people with legal issues who are dissatisfied with the current legal market. LawTake is essentially a legal marketplace:
· Steve Manuel, founder, Reachsocket started earning his chops early in the world of startups at Funny or Die, Fanscape and Brighter.com. In 2013 he started Reachsocket to help match audience extension with brand activation to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of sponsorships. Reachsocket provides users with the most advanced real-time audience measurement and valuation platform and gives sponsored personalities the tools they need to provide distributed & controlled audience access to their sponsors across the web & mobile. Mr. Manuel holds a degree in music industry management and a minor in web applications & technologies from USC.
The TBC Forum’s discussion and subsequent question-and-
Admission to the TechBiz Connection event is $20 prepaid and $40 at the door. For further information and RSVP, visit http://www.techbizconnection.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
TechBiz Connection (http://www.techbizconnection.org)