News By Tag
* Galveston Island
* Vintage Swimwear
* Bathing Beauties
* Texas Family Event
* Historic Galveston
* More Tags...
News By Location
Vintage Style Returns to Historic Galveston Seawall with 2014 Galveston Island Beach Revue
The annual event, held the third weekend of May, benefits Galveston’s Family Service Center with a percentage of profits going towards the Island non-profit.
Friday, May 16
· 6 p.m. - Festival & craft beer booth opens
· 6:30-8:30 p.m. - Live music
· 8:30 – 8:45 p.m. - Introduction of 2014 Bathing Beauties from
· 8:45-10 p.m. - Free outdoor showing of “Girl Happy,” starring Elvis Presley
Saturday, May 17
· 12 p.m. - Festival, vendors and craft beer booth opens
· 12 – 5 p.m. - Family Service Center’s “Retro-Active”
· 12 – 3 p.m. - Charcoal Championship Cookoff
· 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. - Vendor demonstrations on main stage
· 5 – 7 p.m. - Bathing Beauties Contest
· 7 – 8 p.m. - Live music by The Octanes
· 8:15 – 10 p.m. - Live music by Grand Old Grizzly
About the Galveston Island Beach Revue
Dubbed the "Pageant of Pulchritude"
About Hotel Galvez & Spa®
Hotel Galvez & Spa®, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-
About Galveston Island
Galveston Island is a historic beach town located on the Gulf of Mexico just 50 miles from Houston. The island is best known as a vacation destination, offering 32 miles of beaches, a variety of family attractions, Texas’ premier cruise port and one of the largest and well-preserved concentrations of Victorian architecture in the country. For more information on Galveston Island visit www.galveston.com or call 1-888-GAL-ISLE.
For more information on the Sixth Annual Galveston Island Beach Revue presented by Hotel Galvez & Spa®, please contact Adrienne Culpepper, Event Coordinator, at 409-770-7360 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.galvestonbeachrevue.com.