MBPA Offers Onsite Health Care Reform Orientation, Coaching & Enrollment to Help Employers and Indi
The new service is designed to help companies demystify the requirements of health care reform by providing private marketplace trained “navigators”
“Even though some of the employer implementation deadlines have been pushed back, the fact remains that individuals must enroll by March 31 in order to have coverage while employers are left to sort out what they will do about health care coverage in light of the individual mandate,” said MBPA CEO Jennifer Kluge. “We know our members want to make the best possible choices eroci both for their businesses and their employees as they move toward January 2016 when they will be required to offer minimum essential coverage or face penalties and other mandates,” she continued.
Kluge explained that the service can aid member businesses by providing:
· An understanding of the ACA specific to their company’s group health care coverage
· An employee overview of individual requirements
· Ideas for transitioning from group health care coverage to individual coverage
· An explanation of options for part-time employees
· One-on-one counseling regarding coverage options for individual employees.
The onsite program is the latest offering as part of MBPA’s health reform education efforts that include its special Health Care Reform Connect™ (http://michbusiness.org/
The Michigan Business and Professional Association boasts a statewide sphere of influence that no other organization of its kind can claim, leveraging a depth of programs and community initiatives that positively impact more than 150,000 businesses. Learn more at www.michbusiness.org.