News By Tag
News By Place
United Kingdom Confirms the Introduction of Shared Parental Leave
The Government of the UK has announced plans to introduce a new shared parental leave system for local workforce starting April 2015.
Currently, employed women are entitled to 52 weeks of maternity leave; this does not change under the new proposal. Also maintained will be the eligibility and entitlement to a 39 week paid period as well as the two-week compulsory maternity leave post delivery.
Under the new system, shared parental leave is summarized as follows:
* Working parents will be eligible to share up to 50 weeks of leave.
* At the consent of their employer, employees are allowed to take multiple leaves over short blocks of time. Otherwise, employees have to take their leave in a single continuous block.
* Employees must specify their leave plan 8 weeks prior to their proposed last of work.
* During the entire flexible parental leave period, employees must remain employed by the same organization;
* During the leave, employees are allowed to change their plan up to two times.
* Employees have the right to return to their same position if their leave is equal to or less than six months.
As further clarification is expected, Nair & Co. advises companies operating in the United Kingdom to monitor the progress and updates related to the Shared Parental Leave rules and carry out a detailed analysis of the final regulations to assess actual impact and properly plan for workforce coverage.
For more information about Global HR Services (http://www.nair-
Get the latest news releases and updates on international tax, HR, Finance, compliance and other legal news at Nair & Co. Industry Alerts (http://www.nair-
About Nair & Co.
Nair & Co., the leader in international business expansion services, provides accounting, HR, legal, tax and compliance services for the set up and management of your international operations. Our model of a single-point-
Media Contacts: For media enquiries or to learn to more about Nair & Co., please email us at email@example.com or call Yvonne Smith at +1.408.501.8867
408 501 8867