Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust Implements Kronos SMART For Improved Efficiencies
· By replacing manual, error-prone workforce management processes with the Kronos SMART solution, Salford Royal has achieved significant benefits across all 41 wards. For example, the Kronos SMART solution offers ward and nurse managers real-time visibility into critical labour data to help them more effectively manage shifts and track annual leave entitlement-
· Additionally, with the Kronos SMART solution, the Trust has introduced standardised shift patterns as there are now three 12-hour shifts in eight-week cycles, each one starting and finishing at the same time.Ward managers can also track nursing hours more effectively and are better able to reduce their reliance on more expensive NHS Professionals (NHSP) or bank staff. And employees appreciate the transparency of the system and the freedom to record their hours, view their holidays, and apply to swap shifts themselves.
· The Kronos SMART solution has become an intrinsic part of the Trust’s workforce efficiency project and the successful implementation has been a catalyst for positive cultural change, as the hospital can now focus even more on patient care delivery.
· Phil Speight, Resource Planning Manager, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
“The Kronos SMART solution tangibly measures our performance and drives continuous improvement. Roll-out of the solution across all wards has also promoted a more collaborative culture across the entire organisation. We are confident that the Kronos SMART solution will continue to play an integral role in helping us achieve our number-one objective: to provide safe, clean, and personal care to every patient, every time.”
· Tristan Spencer, director, SMART, A Kronos Solution
“By fully realising the potential of our innovative solution, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust has successfully implemented an integrated approach to managing working hours and staff rotas. Automation has saved huge amounts of time. Managers and staff now work the right number of hours and enjoy a better work-life balance. A full audit trail available also means that the Trust is accountable and able to demonstrate the efficient allocation of precious public resources.”
· The NHS is one of the largest employers in the world, and is the largest in Europe, with more than 1.7 million staff.
· Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust (http://www.srft.nhs.uk/
· SMART (https://smart-
· Connect with Kronos via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/
· Subscribe (http://www.kronos.com/
· Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent (http://timewellspent.kronos.com/)
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.co.uk. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated.Kronos is a registered trademark and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Kronos Systems Ltd
+44 (0)118 978 9784