Tom Kitchin Leads Culinary Line Up At The Famous Feastival
On Sunday 25th May, in celebration of Whisky Month, Scotland’s oldest and most visited distillery will be kicking off the whisky flavoured feastivities with an exclusive range of VIP taste experiences, including a private lunch hosted by Masterchef judge and BBC Saturday Kitchen favourite, Tom Kitchin.
The Scottish chef has developed an exclusive menu for the event marrying whisky and seasonal produce to tempt the taste buds of Feastival go-ers.
Gordon Motion, Master Blender for Scotland’s favourite whisky, The Famous Grouse, will also be on hand, hosting an informative session on the art of blending whisky and encouraging participants to identify their preferred flavours and create a bespoke blend based on their personal tastes. Participants will get the opportunity to create their own bottle of whisky and take home their personalised blend at the end of the day. Gordon will also be on hand for a free whisky tasting event, earlier in the day, which will be open to those visitors who are not participating in some of the VIP experiences on offer.
The Wicked Chocolate Company, Perth’s leading chocolatiers, will bring a sweet touch to the event, with a chocolate making workshop, as well as a free chocolate tasting event later in the day.
On top of the VIP culinary experiences, which are available for advance booking, there will be entertainment throughout the day including live music from Whisky Kiss, book signings of Tom’s most recent book, Kitchin Suppers, as well as tours of the Distillery.
Chef Tom Kitchin said:
“The Glenturret Distillery is the perfect setting for this feastival and has really inspired the menu I’ll be serving. I grew up in Perthshire so the area is special to me and I’m looking forward to returning. My restaurant, The Kitchin, is actually set in an old bonded whisky warehouse which, for me, adds to my passion for incorporating different whiskies into my cooking.
“The Famous Feastival is a great opportunity to showcase just how whisky can enhance a dish, allowing feastival goers to discover the great flavours and tastes that can be created by using different combinations.”
Lesley Williamson, Business Development Manager of The Famous Grouse Experience, commented:
“The Famous Feastival is a completely new direction for us and, given the fantastic line up for the launch of the Feastival, we’re really excited about it. We are delighted to have such an admired Scottish chef on board, as well as having our Master Blender available to the public, which really is an incredible treat if you’re a whisky lover.
For those choco-o-holics out there, an opportunity to learn how to make it from one of the area’s leading chocolatiers is just too irresistible. And the best thing about the Feastival? Well, it’s interactive:
For more information please visit www.thefamousfeastival.net or to book by phone call 0844 481 8898.
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
About The Famous Grouse Experience
• The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
• The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
• Opening Hours 9am - 6pm. Three tours are currently available: The Experience Tour (includes 2 whisky tastes), The Seasonal Tour (includes 5 whisky tastes) and the Taste of Scotland Tour (includes a private whisky tasting with food). Tours start from £10. Children under 12 go free. The First Tour is at 9.30am & Last Tour at 4.30pm.
• For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouse.com or call 01764 656565
About The Famous Grouse (www.thefamousgrouse.com)
• The Famous Grouse is the No. 1 whisky in UK and No. 4 standard blended whisky worldwide (IWSR data 2012).
• The Famous Grouse has been the best-selling whisky in Scotland since 1980.
• The Famous Grouse is exported to over 100 countries.
• Created in 1896 by founder Matthew Gloag, it was originally called The Grouse Brand.
• The brand became so popular that on August 12th 1905 it was renamed The Famous Grouse.