Edmonton Business Coach Cautions Entrepreneurs as Bitcoin Exchange Opens in WEM
Flexcoin hacking is important warning to business owners, says Edmonton expert.
As a new bitcoin ‘ATM’ is set to open shop in West Edmonton Mall, and an Edmonton bitcoin bank, Flexcoin, was hacked, Kopchuk hopes that business will stop to think about everything that’s involved in integrating new tech into their day-to-day operations: “Things are moving so fast, sometimes, it’s hard to keep up. As a result, I see a lot of businesses getting caught up in a trend and being too quick on the draw when it comes to adopting new technologies.”
Greg frequently helps entrepreneurs looking to integrate new methods, and gets them to start by answering a few questions:
· What costs will I incur adopting this technology?
· Has the technology become an industry standard in your field? Has it demonstrated measurable success in improving the quality of service and/or products?
· Can you afford to gamble? If your company is teetering or you have any doubts about its future, then taking a risk on a technology that has not passed the ‘tried and true’ test.
· Will your customer base benefit from your adoption of the technology? If so, how much of it?
· What kind of support in its adoption? Whether it’s a new computer system, payment system, or automation process, you need to make sure that help will be available when something goes wrong—24/7.
· And most importantly:
It’s important to make sure you don’t do a ‘drop and run’ when it comes to a new technology. And this is where Kopchuk often sees owners dropping the ball. “There’s nothing inherently wrong with risk-taking. In fact, it’s what makes for a great entrepreneur!
For more information about Greg and ActionCOACH Canada visit www.gregkopchuk.ca
To book an interview contact