Holman Ranch Tasting Room Offers Music Among The Vines on Sunday, April 6th
Holman Ranch Tasting Room Offers Music Among The Vines on Sunday, April 6th!
CARMEL VALLEY, CA – Music Among the Vines is a live outdoor music event featuring local groups in Holman Ranch’s vineyard. The event is open to the public to come out and enjoy the vineyard grounds with family and friends while listening to great music and enjoying award winning wines.
· Sunday, April 6th, 2014
· 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
· Concert to be held at Holman Ranch 60 Holman Road Carmel Valley
· Cost is $25 per person and includes music and 1 glass of wine
· Additional glasses of wine are available for purchase for $10 per glass
· Bring your blanket or purchase a Holman Ranch polar fleece blanket on site.
· RSVP Required. Call 831-659-2640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
· Spend the evening listening to the sounds of the Bleue Quartet. The Bleu Quartet , features Gil Cadilli on vocals and guitar, with Virgil Thrasher on diatonic and chromatic harmonicas, offers a soulful setlist of Vintage Blues, Gospel and Americana music. Gil was baptized into the blues early on by the likes of Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee, Howlin' Wolf, and Sonny Boy Williamson. He dove deeper into the blues as a bass player for international Blues star Charlie Musselwhite, with whom he toured and recorded for six years.Virgil worked with renown bluesman Robert Lowery for over three decades. Thrasher and Lowery recorded four CDs together, and toured all over the US and abroad. The New Orleans Jazz Festival was one of their favorite gigs during those years. Rounding out the quartet are Walter Floyd on drums, (formerly with the Muddy Waters Band,) and one of Santa Cruz's most requested bass players, Billy Edgell.
Holman Ranch Vineyard and Winery Background:
Located at the north eastern tip of the Carmel Valley Appellation, the family-owned Holman Ranch resides approximately 12 miles inland from the Pacific Coast. Immersed in history and romance, the ranch has not only proven to be an excellent growing location for our vineyards but also for the Tuscan varietal olive trees which have flourished under the temperate climate.
Holman Ranch estate-grown wine varietals are planted on approximately 19 acres of undulating terrain. The wines produced are unfined and crafted to deliver the true varietal of the grape from harvest to bottle. The climate and terroir of the appellation has played a critical part in the success of their wines. The warmth of the inland valley coupled with the cooling marine layer has proven to be an ideal microclimate for the production of Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris. The vineyards' Burgundy Clones have thrived from the perfect blend of ideal climate, southern exposure and thin rocky soils.
The estate wines of Holman Ranch include: Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, and Rosé of Pinot Noir. Carefully hand-harvested, cold pressed and bottled, the Extra Virgin Olive Oil produced from the fruits of our trees has a delightfully distinctive flavor.
Holman Ranch Background:
Holman Ranch: Where the Past is Always Present. Tucked away in the rolling hills of Carmel Valley, historic Holman Ranch provides a unique and memorable setting for weddings, special events, family gatherings, corporate retreats, and team-building events. With its charming gardens, stunning mountain views and serenity, this private estate affords old-world charm while providing modern day conveniences. This stunning Property includes a fully restored stone hacienda, overnight guest rooms, vineyards, olive grove, horse stables and more.