News By Tag
News By Place
Systems involved in vetting inspection
At this stage you have been preparing for vetting inspection.
In addition to the above systems, there are few more systems that should work fine with you. They are as follows: inert gas system alarms, oily water separator, steering gear etc. There are few systems that are used in emergency situations such as firefighting system - used at the time when fire breaks out, emergency generator, engine room ventilation shutdowns and fuel oil cut-off valve. These are the systems that keep emergency situations under control therefore they are of vital importance for smooth operation of a ship.
In addition to these devices there are some more items that should be checked and kept ready. They are as follows: Firemen's outfits, International shore connection, Navigation equipment, Charts, publications, and corrections, EPIRB, pyrotechnics and hydrostatic releases, Flame screens, bunker tanks, Suitable paint locker and Marine sanitation device.
The following items also decide an overall impression of the ship:
1. Warning Signs: All the warning signs should be placed at the right spot and should direct properly.
2. Gangway: Check whether Gangway is arranged correctly or not. The net of the gangway should be rigged and a life ring must be placed near it.
3. Deck watch: confirm with the duty officer whether hard hat is there. Emergency equipments/walky talky are ready, equipments required for cargo loading/discharging are ready. Make sure one crew member accompanies the inspector to the ship office.
4. Crew: The crew members at all positions who are working on the deck should wear hard hats and must be having necessary protection gear.
5. Deck: The deck should be clean, free of oil and without any barrier.
6. Fire Equipment at the Manifold should be correctly rigged and present
7. Cargo Information:
8. Scuppers: Make sure they are blocked and emergency pump is kept in position and discharge is connected to it.
9. Emergency Equipment: Make sure that all of the emergency equipments are present on the deck and are in working condition. They should also be clearly marked.
10. Moorings: It should be checked whether moorings are in good order and no lines are present on the winch ends.
For more information visit us at : http://www.toships.com