Joshua is turning 13! He’s Calling ALL Young People to Commit 13 Acts of Kindness by March 15th
Joshua Williams of Joshua’s Heart Foundation asks that you pay it forward for his birthday initiative, '13 Days of Giving'. Let's create a wave of giving with a ripple effect that is felt worldwide. Will you help make his birthday wish a reality?
As a philanthropist, Joshua, at the age of 4 ½, was inspired by a Feed The Children commercial and decided it was his purpose in life to eliminate world hunger among children and the homeless. As he turns 13, he and his organization, Joshua’s Heart Foundation, are extremely proud of its accomplishments;
To be a part of this global initiative, each participant must:
Go to www.joshuasheart.org to see all the work Joshua, his JAB members and his elves have done.
Commit to doing 13 random acts of kindness for someone in need.
No deed is too small or too large, “Just be Kind and Show Kindness”.
Take photos of you doing your acts of kindness.
Post your photos on Instagram or Twitter and tag @joshuasheart.
Use the hashtag #whyiserve, #joshuasheart, #joshuasbirthday.
Write a short caption of 200 characters or less telling how knowing or learning about Joshua’s Heart World has inspired you to serve others.
Deeds can be as simple and easy as the heart can perceive. For a list of acceptable deeds please visit www.joshuasheart.org and click on the events page. Some examples include:
1. Help a senior citizen at the grocery store
2. Help a younger sibling with their math problem or a subject they have difficulty in. (They are in need of your expert help)
3. Give the change in your pocket/purse to a homeless person
4. Give your lunch that you brought from home to a homeless person
5. Find a shelter and volunteer for one morning
6. Help out at a food bank/pantry
7. Start a can drive at your church/school/
8. Have a car wash to raise money for __________________ (YOU fill in the blank)
9. Ask your girl or boys scouts club to make lunch (hot dogs) for a group of kids that are needy
10. Drop off old books that you've read and are in good condition to a shelter
11. Go to Target, Walmart or Kmart and buy blankets and give to a homeless family
12. Give your old clothes to a homeless or domestic violence shelter
13. Stand up for and support someone being bullied
On March 17th, Joshua will select 3 winners from this initiative who will receive an Amazon Gift Card with a value of $50US each. Each recipient can keep their gift card or pay for it forward by donating it to a cause of their choosing. This campaign is designed to get participants moving and acting with a kind heart towards the needy and to encourage them not to judge those who have fallen on hard times.
About Joshua’s Heart
Joshua’s Heart Foundation, a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, empowers, needy people to improve their quality of life. The foundation was founded by a five year old boy by the name of Joshua. His heart conceived a passion for assisting those who struggle daily to procure food for basic survival. The main focus of his vision is to “Stomp out Hunger” in indigent and underprivileged communities, as well as from among those who battle debilitating diseases that affect their ability to earn enough to feed themselves. For more information about Joshua’s Heart Foundation, our local events or how to get involved, please contact us at 305.788.8295. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our website at www.joshuasheart.org
Joshua is available for interviews and comments. Please contact A Better Concept PR to make arrangements.
A Better Concept PR