News By Tag
News By Location
Local Counselor Offers Up 5-Step Marriage Program Through ‘Spring Cleaning’ For Couples
Professional counselor, Jason Fierstein develops latest step-by-step program to help couples (married, dating, and even in-between) shed the martial holiday “dust” buildup.
As a licensed professional counselor for the past 12 years, Jason knows more than anyone about the current Arizona divorce rate, which is one of the highest in the country. It’s estimated that 10.98-12.63 per 1,000 people end their marriages, as stated in a recent Huffington Post article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
“Sometimes, problems build up over the holidays, and spring is a great time to clean out what’s not working in a marriage.” states Jason. “The investment you make in your marriage will pay handsomely down the road in terms of marital bliss, better connection and a better love life.”
His 5-step process involves:
1. Making time to clean: Make talking about the relationship a priority and don’t substitute date night for it. By making this a regular exercise twice a month through practices like exercising or investing, couples will bring lasting benefits for those willing to continue to talk about their marital concerns. “Marriage atrophy,” like muscles when they’re not exercised, can be prevented with regular conversations.
2. Taking inventory: Sometimes, we can’t clean out the whole house at once; it’s too overwhelming. It’s the same with marriage. By picking one or two “hot topics” to work on with couples can sift through the junk.
3. Use gentle cleansers, not abrasives: We wouldn’t scrub carpets clean with bleach. Imagine casually tossing delicates in the washer with towels and jeans. This step is all about apply a “gentle cleanser” to the relationship in the same way through better communication. This will ensure that couples are cleaning with the very best “products”
4. Sift through what behaviors to keep: Sift through which behaviors will help one another, and which ones will slow each other down. By really listen and incorporate the feedback a spouse has for another one another couples can act on that information, thus making your marriage more effective.
5. Rinse and repeat: Make this a regularly scheduled event. Even once a month is workable. Prioritizing the marriage the same way couples prioritize their children, household chores, cleaning, and even retirement savings.
Jason understands the importance of working on theses relationships, and provides a exclusive comment on the benefits of his consoling, “People will only benefit from working on their relationship or marriage in a focused way. My strategies work by helping addressing the things that they have neglected; as things have a tendency to build up and fester when not dealt with. Others will get tips and strategies about how to build better marriages and relationships, which promotes better families and peace of mind.”
This 5-step program takes only about four weeks to begin utilizing in the relationship, with appointments being requested on his website. Jason provides personal appointments with ease, and even goes the enter mile by calling clients within 24-hours of contact and discusses what is to be expected. This personal approach is unheard of among professionals in this field.
Jason Fierstein is an MA, LPC, Licensed Professional Counselor and established business owner of phoenixmenscounseling.com. For the past 12 years, he has been providing professional counseling in the Phoenix, Arizona area, where he offers a primary focus on working with closely with men and couples. His latest program was created to help women and men clean their relationship with simple but effective steps.
For media inquires regarding Jason’s “5-Steps to Spring Clean Your Marriage Program" individuals are encouraged to contact him personally at 602-309-0568 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this latest marriage counseling program visit: www.phoenixmenscounseling.com
Jason Fierstein MA, LPC, Licensed Professiona