Six Ways to Celebrate America Saves Week Feb. 24–March 1
Have you begun saving toward your financial goals? How do you know if you are saving enough for retirement? What about your short-term savings goals, such as a vacation or a new car – are they getting the attention they deserve?
Don’t let yourself fall into this category. A comfortable retirement, as well as a new car or a family vacation, can be within reach with proper planning. This year, celebrate America Saves Week Feb. 24–March 1, and plan to get yourself on track.
Below are a few ideas to help you celebrate America Saves Week:
1. Meet with a financial advisor to assess your savings progress and discuss the smart savings solutions and funding options that Edward Jones offers.
2. Consider building a savings plan with the Insured Bank Deposit Program or certificates of deposit (CDs) to keep your savings FDIC-insured.
3. Open an Edward Jones Flex Funds™ account for one or more short-term goals in order to easily track progress, and keep those funds separate from long-term assets. Nickname each account accordingly, such as "Vacation Fund" or "New Car Account."
4. Contribute to an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) or 401(k). Both are smart ways to save for the future because they offer potential tax benefits you might not receive through other savings options.
5. If you'd like to save more above the IRA contribution limits, consider an annuity or a life insurance retirement plan.
6. Establish a systematic investing program and commit to it. Investing even a small amount of money into stocks and/or mutual funds on a regular basis can amount to significant savings over time. Systematic investing does not ensure a profit or protect against loss, so you will need to consider your ability to continue the program in declining markets.
To learn how Edward Jones can work with you to develop a savings and investing strategy that meets your financial goals, contact Mark Grooters at (616) 281-9026 or https://www.edwardjones.com/
Edward Jones: Mark Grooters - Financial Advisor