Better Energy Advice and Protections are Needed to Keep Small Businesses Afloat
Over the last five years, small businesses in Great Britain have really been feeling the pinch, today an average of one in seven shops sits empty.
Consumer watch groups in the UK advise that an improved energy market for small businesses should comprise:
• An end to mis-selling:
• A one-year limit on back billing.
• Evergreen contracts for small businesses: An evergreen rolling contract with variable prices could give greater choice and peace of mind to very small businesses, sparing them from having to re-contract.
• Published prices: All suppliers ought to commit to publishing their micro business tariffs in an easily comparable form, in order to put micro businesses in a stronger position when comparing deals and switching suppliers.
• Improved customer information:
• Easy access to advice: There should be a one-stop location business owners can go to, to be advised on energy issues such as the effective use of smart meters, the Green Deal, energy supply, and energy efficiency.
My Business Utilities
0845 154 7327