News By Tag
* Drug Delivery
* Biologics Delivery
* Drug Delivery Technologies
* More Tags...
News By Location
New Technologies for Biologics Delivery – Conference at CHI’s Biologics Formulation Summit
Driving Innovation Through New Targets, Effective Tools, Next-Gen and Alternate Delivery Technologies
This conference will cover novel delivery approaches and their roles in developing and delivering biologics, designing targeted delivery approaches and improving efficacy and safety. These strategies are directed to the development of patient-centric therapies. The keynote speaker will be Omid Farokhzad, M.D., Associate Professor, Laboratory of Nanomedicine and Biomaterials, Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School. Dr. Farokhzad will discuss targeted polymeric nanoparticles:
Polymeric nanoparticles can deliver drugs in the optimum dosage over time, thus increasing the efficacy of the drug, maximizing patient compliance and enhancing the ability to use highly toxic, poorly soluble, or relatively unstable drugs. The successful clinical translation of therapeutic nanoparticles requires optimization of many distinct parameters resulting in a large number of potential variables for optimization which is impractical to achieve using a low-throughput approach. The goal of Dr. Farokhzad’s talk is to review his lab’s efforts in the design and optimization of polymeric nanoparticles for medical applications, which formed the foundation for the clinical translation of the first-in-human targeted and controlled-release nanoparticles, BIND-014 and SEL-068.
Additional speakers include:
- Mansoor M. Amiji, Ph.D., Northeastern University
- Ajay K. Banga, Ph.D., Mercer University
- Scott Banta, Ph.D., Columbia University
- Ashutosh Chilkoti, Ph.D., Duke University
- Donald Cropek, Ph.D., U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Ramin Darvari, Ph.D., Pfizer, Inc.
- Drew Elias, Ph.D., Johnson & Johnson
- Per-Ola Freskgard, Ph.D., Roche
- Marian Gindy, Ph.D., Merck Research Laboratories
- Pankaj Karande, Ph.D., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Andrea Leone-Bay, Ph.D., MannKind Corp.
- Ashim K. Mitra, Ph.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Hayat Onyuksel, Ph.D., University of Illinois
- Dushyant Varshney, Ph. D., Novartis
This conference is Part 2 at CHI’s Inaugural Biologics Formulation & Delivery Summit (May 5-7).
Writers and editors are invited to attend. To request a press pass or arrange an interview with a speaker, email Lisa Scimemi: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information and to register, visit www.healthtech.com/
About Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI)
Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI), founded in 1992, is the industry leader in providing superior quality scientific information to eminent researchers and business experts from top pharmaceutical, biotech, and academic organizations. Delivering an assortment of resources such as events, reports, publications and eNewsletters, CHI's portfolio of products include Cambridge Healthtech Institute Conferences, Barnett International, Insight Pharma Reports, Cambridge Marketing Consultants, Cambridge Meeting Planners, Cambridge Healthtech Media Group, and The Knowledge Foundation. www.chicorporate.com