News By Tag
News By Place
Westbury,NY-American Idol Two Time Semi-Finalist Season 2-10 Jerome Bell to perform at Gala 3/14/14
The Diabetes Health and Wellness Academy of N.Y.C. 2014 Annual Gala Benefit will be held on March 14, 2014 at Verdi's of Westbury, located at 680 Old Country Road, Westbury, New York, 11590 from 7:00 p.m. until 12:00 a.m.
The Diabetes Health and Wellness Academy of N.Y.C. 2014 Annual Gala Benefit will be held on March 14, 2014 at Verdi's of Westbury, located at 680 Old Country Road, Westbury (http://westbury.longisland.com/)
Funds raised at the Gala will support The Diabetes Health and Wellness Academy of N.Y.C. in its efforts to assist families, caregivers, and guardians in the daily management of prevention and awareness as well those affected with chronic disease. The Diabetes Health and Wellness Academy of N.Y.C. Intends to launch an innovative learning environment that alleviates gaps in disease management and healthy living while delivering effective daily education.
“As the parent of a child with diabetes, one of my greatest daily worries is whether she’ll survive outside of my direct care,” said Sabrina Gardner, founder of The Diabetes Health and Wellness Academy of N.Y.C. We need a continuum of innovative health and educational services blended with support systems where students spend the vast majority of their day.
About The Diabetes Health and Wellness Academy of NYC
The Diabetes Health and Wellness Academy of N.Y.C., will be the first school/academy in the U.S. to cater to the direct needs of students and their families who struggle with diabetes and other medical health issues. The academy is incorporated by The University of The State of New York Board of Regents and The New York State Education Department. Sabrina Gardner, founder of the Diabetes Health and Wellness Academy of N.Y.C., was inspired by the struggles of managing consistent daily care for her own child who has Type 1 juvenile diabetes.
The Diabetes Health and Wellness Academy of N.Y.C. envisions blended relationships between student, parents, caregivers and specialists incorporated with education on a daily basis as a solution to the challenge of consistent chronic disease management. “Our learning environment will provide students with the support to become active participants in disease management and guardians of their own ongoing health,” says Gardner.
The 2014 Annual Gala and Fundraiser will feature live entertainment, beverages, buffet and noted area speakers and honorees, including:
· Dr. Gerald W. Deas: Professorship in Preventive Medicine, Visionary, Writer, Educator, Poet and Philanthropist
· Angela Banks Jourdain: Critical Care Nursing Education specialist at North Shore Long Island Jewish Health Systems
· Preston King, C.P.A.: Chairman of New York Citi Works
· Georgette D. Brown: Assistant Director of Athletics, Adelphi University
· Samuel L. Dunston: Founder/
· Nancy Davidson: Qivana Health Systems Business Owner
· Dr. Okechukwu Echezona: Founder/CEO of Strong Movement
· Arnie Joseph: Founder/President of Chroma Health Solutions
· Hon. William B. Wise: Trustee of Westbury, New York
· Mr. Leo Gardner: President of Strong Movement
PA Public Relations Company