News By Tag
* Cassava Africa
* Cassava World
* Manioc Africa
* Cassava Commercialization
* Cassava Flour
* More Tags...
News By Location
Cassava World Africa in Lusaka, Zooms in on Commercial Opportunities
CMT’s inaugural Cassava World Africa opens in Lusaka, Zambia on 20-21 March 2014 to showcase the transformation of cassava from a staple food to a commercial crop used in production of flour, beer, feed, starch and as source for bioenergy.
Among key sessions is one by Dennis Beunk, Agricultural Development & Agro-processing Specialist, Brightface Enterprise who provides an overview of ‘Enhancing Food Security, Income Generation, Value Adding and Economic Empowerment through Commercialization of Cassava’. Meanwhile Diogo Machado, Senior Economist, LMC International presents a paper on ‘Global Starch Market Outlook & Feedstock Economics’. A session on ‘Challenges of Operating a Cassava High Quality Flour Plant in Africa’ is presented by Louw Burger, MD/CEO, Thai Farm International and another on ‘Challenges of Implementing Industrial Cassava Projects in Africa’ is delivered by Jens Thomsen, International Starch Institute A/S.
The conference agenda also includes country/ region specific sessions:
· Investment Update on Cassava Plantation & Value Addition Project in Tanzania – Matthew GW de Klerk, General Manager, Cassava Starch of Tanzania Corporation (CSTC)
· Commercializing Cassava: New Opportunities For Universal Industries and Malawian Smallholders – V. Navin Kumar, GM, Universal Farming & Milling
· Status of Bioenergy Industry Development in Zambia – Prof.Thomson Sinkala, Chairman, Biofuels Association of Zambia
· Project Status and Challenges in Developing a Cassava Biorefinery in Nigeria – Richard Bennett, CEO, Sunbird Bioenergy Africa
Cassava breeding approaches and varieties to meet the emerging market demands will be examined via sessions on ‘Breeding Approaches to Turn Cassava into a Cash Crop for Poverty Alleviation and Rural Development’
For enquiries, contact Ms. Huiyan at email@example.com or +65 6346 9113.
65 6346 9113